Last December, Hershey's brought Christmas a little early and released their first new flavor in 20 years. The flavor? Hershey's Gold, a caramelized bar of perfection loaded with peanuts and pretzels. And it's not called the season that keeps on giving for no reason—7-Eleven recently announced their new limited-time beverage, Hershey's Gold Cappuccino.  

This new sensation ties in the sweet, yet salty taste from the candy bar, along with the caramelized creme, giving it that buttery look and producing your new caffeinated fixation. 

There's no doubt that the new bar has been a home run in 7-Eleven stores, and with a new hot beverage in town, there's no reason to not treat yourself to a Hershey's Gold candy bar and cappuccino at the same time. Tip: It does say limited time only, so you might as well get as many as you can. Who knows the next time a creation like this will come around again? It could be another 20 years! 

In a press release, 7-Eleven senior category manager, Shawn Barnes, was excited for their customers to try the new Hershey's Gold cappuccino. 

"Our customers choose 7-Eleven cappuccino and hot chocolate drinks to treat themselves, and our goal is to offer rich, decadent flavors you can't find anywhere else. Hershey's Gold is exactly that, and people love it – both as a candy bar and a cappuccino," Barnes said.

Now, I already got the low down from Spoon HQ regarding everything and anything about the new Hershey's Gold bar. In case you missed it here's a short recap: There is not a single cocoa bean in the new bar; the bar is in a puzzle-like arrangement making it a little difficult to break apart; and it's extra sugary.  

It will be interesting to see if the Hershey's Gold cappuccino will have a similar mixed reaction. Also, how long do you think it will be until this new creation is transformed into a Hershey's kiss or a seasonal product?

Unfortunately we don't have any 7-Eleven stores out here in Iowa (I'm missing my Icees), so I haven't been able to try one. But, let me know what you think. Fingers crossed the next drink to come out is a Hershey's Dark Chocolate mocha. I'd for sure make someone fly a cup out to me if that hit the hot drink section in stores.