With Easter just around the corner, stores are beginning to stock their shelves with those pastel-colored treats that make our hearts jump for joy. Just because, as college students, the Easter Bunny may no longer grace us with his presence (rude), does not mean we can’t indulge in these sugary holiday goodies.

Although part of the charm of an Easter basket is the variety of its candy-filled components, there are some items that simply stand out compared to the rest. Therefore we’ve put together a ranking of Easter candies from most lame to superstar status.

8. Jelly Beans

easter

Photo by Samantha Sitt

Does anyone actually ever crave jelly beans? Sure it’s fun trying to distinguish the obscure flavors such as “grass” and “popcorn,” but the impossibly chewy texture and bland taste make this candy nothing more than a filler in the basket.

7. Pastel M&Ms

easter

Photo by Samantha Sitt

This candy is the ultimate poseur. These guys act like they’re something special and unique, but in reality they’re just lame old M&Ms in disguise.  Whoever disagrees is automatically subject to a blind taste test.

6. Robin Eggs

easter

Photo by Samantha Sitt

Eh, I’m not saying I wouldn’t eat a handful of these in one sitting, but they definitely are not the shining star of the basket. Your love for this candy obviously depends on how you feel about malt balls.

5. Peeps

easter

Photo by Samantha Sitt

I suppose an Easter basket would not be complete without a box of Peeps, but do they really bring anything special to the table? No. The idea of them far outweighs the actual taste.

4. Russell Stover Marshmallow Egg

easter

Photo by Samantha Sitt

A luscious cushion of marshmallow whip encased by a decadent layer of chocolate? Now we’re talking. The additional flavor options such as caramel, maple cream, raspberry, strawberry, and birthday cake certainly don’t hurt, either.

3. Reese’s Chocolate Egg

easter

Photo by Samantha Sitt

The marriage between chocolate and peanut butter is always a beautiful one, and somehow in egg form, this harmonious combo tastes even better. Keep doing you, Reese’s egg.

2. Hollow Chocolate Bunny

easter

Photo by Samantha Sitt

A holiday classic, the Chocolate Bunny is king and the basket is his throne. Despite your strongest intentions of slowly devouring its body, day-by-day, you somehow will always manage to eat the whole thing on sitting…because it’s just that good.

1. Cadbury Creme Egg

easter

Photo by Samantha Sitt

Ah….onto our grand finale. Nothing compares to biting into the rich chocolate shell and letting the smooth, velvety creme spill into your mouth. This beloved Easter treat has the permanent top spot in our basket.

Hungry for more? Check out these sweet articles: