Do you have FOMO when your friends are celebrating Mardi Gras in New Orleans? Well, we have good news for you. Now, you can party in your neck-of-the-woods without any travel hassle. 

1. Alabama 

I bet you didn't know that the first Mardi Gras parade occurred in Mobile. With that said, Alabama definitely knows how to party. Located in the heart of the Mardi Gras madness, Wintzell's Oyster House is the perfect place to grab some oysters or a Mardi Gras moon pie. If the Mystic Stripers Society or King Felix III's parades aren't enough to make you smile, Wintzell's happy hour from 3-7pm will most definitely do the job. 

2. Alaska

If you've read Into The Wild, or know remotely anything about Alaska, you know that Mardi Gras isn't what the state is necessarily known for. But Homer has an entire winter carnival  schedule–and it's ready to prove you wrong. On Saturday, February 10th, Alibi Bar & Cafe will host a Masquerade Ball. Getting hungry? Take that silly mask off, and enjoy what the delicious cafe has to offer. 

3. Arizona

All the way from Bourbon Street in NOLA, Fat Tuesday is the perfect bar to provide some Mardi Gras spirit. Located in Tempe, it's also a great spot for ASU students to get their Mardi on. Be sure to go on February 13th for $3 hurricanes, delicious daiquiris, and Cajun classics. If you can't come down to the Bourbon location, this may be the next best thing. 

4. Arkansas

Leave it to Arkansas to turn Mardi Gras into a successful charitable event. At The Revolution Music Room, on February 9th and 10th, you can find live music, silent auctions, specialty drinks, and beads. The best part is, all of the proceeds will benefit The Boys & Girls Club of Central Arkansas.

#SpoonTip: you can't leave without trying the Rockin' Tacos. 

5. California

Who really needs the French Quarter when San Diego has the Gaslamp Quarter? This Mardi Gras Party Hop will provide you entry to 15 different venues, all located throughout downtown San Diego. One venue is a must-try: Nason’s Beer Hall. After all, they're offering complimentary beignets with purchase of a drink. 

6. Colorado

In Denver Colorado, on February 17th, The Exdo Event Center is hosting "The Ultimate Seven Deadly Sins Bash," and you're going to want to be there. Along with nearly 2,000 other partygoers, you'll partake in a costume contest, Zydeco dancing, tarot card readings, bead tosses, face painting, and burlesque shows. 

7. Connecticut

Stilt walkers, Mardi Gras beads, face painting, oh my. Located in Hartford, Black-Eyed Sally's Southern Kitchen & Bar is where you must go on Fat Tuesday. For just $13.95, you can stuff your face with an all-you-can-eat southern feast. Come at 7:30pm and listen to Rivercity Slim & the Zydeco Hogs. You won't regret it. 

8. Delaware

With incredible reviews from natives, Nora Lee's French Quarter Bistro is where you should celebrate on the 13th. With hurricanes, sazeracs, pimm's cup, and grenade shots all on the drink menu, you'll feel like you're on Bourbon Street in no time. Not to mention great music by Roger Girke, and a choice of po' boys, muffulettas, jambalaya, or gumbo. You can also take a look at their take-out menu and bring a taste of NOLA home with you.

9. Florida

Every night from Feb. 3–Apr. 7, 2018, Universal Studios in Orlando will host their version of Mardi Gras. There will be vibrant street performers, extravagant costumes, colorful beads, and cajun cuisine, but that's not all. On February 10th, the Beach Boys will perform, and Macklemore on the 18th– just to name a few. 

10. Georgia

Head on over to Atlanta to see Colony Square transform into  Bourbon Street. With New Orleans themed drinks, the Louisiana Purchase food truck, and live music from Atlanta Funk Society, it'll be worth your while.

11. Hawaii

Even though Hawaii won't be having any parades, that shouldn't stop you from enjoying some Louisiana classics. Head on over to Kickin' Kajun, Hawaii's first cajun seafood restaurant. Let your taste buds be the first to celebrate with a pound of crawfish for only $14.

12. Idaho

You can't miss the third annual benefit for the Arts & Culture Alliance, held at the CDA Resort Plaza Shops. There will be a drag queen show by Nova Kaine and The Gurlz, a presentation by Caricaturist, Bill Edge, and live music by Twisted Biscuit and the Gumbo Brass Jazz Trio. To top it all off, there will be 7 restaurant samplings, featuring Seasons of Coeur d'Alene Fresh Grill. 

13. Illinois

Starting in October, Pinckneyville hosts their Welcome to the Downstate Music Company's version of Mardi Gras. This year's theme was “Dancin’ in the Street,” but nobody knows what the 2018 theme will be yet. So, stay tuned. They also crown a Mardi Gras queen. Once she is crowned, she attends the children's costume parade. 

14. Indiana

On Tuesday, February 13th, Indy City Market is hosting their gumbo cook-off, featuring some of the best local chefs– including Bluebeard's Abbi Merriss. Come on by to see for yourself which gumbo is worthy.

15. Iowa

The 6th annual Cajun cook-off on Fat Tuesday will feature live auctions, specialty cocktails, spicy Cajun dishes, and 8 participating chefs. You won't want to miss an opportunity to try new food from the chef of Zeke's Island Café.

16. Kansas

Yup, even Dorothy celebrates Mardi Gras. Join in the 10th annual Mardi Gras bar crawl at Kansas City Live in the Power & Light District. You can get an 86oz hurricane for only $20. Here you'll find party packages, contests, fire jugglers, street performers, and much more. 

17. Kentucky 

Hosted by MainStrasse Village, this Mardi Gras parade will be a fun pub crawl through the village with beads, food and drink specials at all participating bars and restaurants. Unlike the very prestigious and strict float rules in NOLA, here you can enter a float or be in the parade by contacting the MSVA office. 

18. Louisiana

This may be 18th on this list, but it is definitely #1 on everyone's bucket list. Parade routes will stretch all over the city. The festivities began on Friday, January 5, with the Phunny Phorty Phellows parading through the Uptown District. If you make it past Tequila Sunrise, you'll have the pleasure of seeing the infamous Zulu and Rex parades. Who knows, maybe you'll even capture a coconut

19. Maine

It's nearly impossible to follow Louisiana, but Maine most certainly rises to the occasion. WMPG will be hosting its 23rd anniversary Fat Tuesday party. It will be held from noon to 3pm at the USM Woodbury Campus Center in Portland. Last year’s Cajun cookin’ competition winner was USM Dining Services. They served delicious panko-crusted chicken gumbo bites. 

20. Maryland

Head on out to Baltimore for their biggest annual Mardi Gras party at Power Plant Live. There will be live cirque-style performances, and a shopping cart float parade created by each of the bars at Power Plant Live. Also, look out for a king cake eating contest. 

21. Massachusetts

Revelry Food Truck, owned by New Orleans native Brian Ledet, is a Boston favorite. And the best part? This food truck will be featured at Dillon's for a Mardi Gras themed party on the 13th from 5-9pm. Revelry will be serving many NOLA classics inlcuding red beans & rice, jambalaya, shrimp po-boys, oysters, and king cake. 

22. Michigan

From March 2nd to March 3rd, Crystal Mountain will be hosting what they call "Mardi Gras on the Mountain." This way, you can ski or snowboard while celebrating. There will be a bead scavenger hunt all over the mountain, a yoga class, dance party, costume contest, and more. Of course, there will be food– a Louisiana seafood boil all for $9.95.

23. Minnesota

On February 13th at 6pm, come to NOLA Restaurant for their "Big Fat Mardi Gras Party." Reserve your table online, and come to enjoy dishes such as NOLA big easy–red beans and rice, hushpuppies, shrimp etouffee with rice, jambalaya with andouille sausage, blackened catfish, and eggplant. All you have to do is dress up, and they'll provide the beads and the good eats. This highly rated restaurant will definitely put you in a Mardi mood. 

24. Mississippi 

A change of scenery from parades, situated in the Magnolia Hotel, the Biloxi Mardi Gras Museum displays intricate costumes and memorabilia of carnival celebrations that trace back three hundred years. Before stopping in, get a NOLA classic at “Fat Tuesdays” Boomtown Daiquiri Bar. Just down the street, this little pick-me-up offers twelve unique flavors of daiquiris straight from the French Quarter. Some of its available flavors include: crawgator, jungle juice, Mardi Gras mash, and king cake

25. Missouri 

It might be surprising that one of the biggest Mardi Gras celebrations takes place in this Mid-western city. But, when it comes to parades, St. Louis does not joke around. They have an entire calendar of events. On Friday, February 9th, the Mayor’s Ball will take place at The Rotunda in St. Louis City Hall. ALIVE Magazine and the Riverfront Times have called it the “social event of the season.” 

26. Nebraska

Nebraska's best party is on February 13th–Moon’s Annual Mardi Gras Party. It starts at 4pm, and is definitely worth your while. Be there right when it begins, because you won't want to miss any of the action. A $5 cover fee gets you into the Moon and access to hurricanes, t-shirts, an open bar, and the balcony. 

27. Montana

Although Montana is nowhere near the South, Tupelo Grille promises to cook up nothing short of a Cajun feast. In the Mardi Gras and NOLA spirit, the menu offers tupelo gumbo, shrimp and crawfish cakes and bread pudding. Celebrating Mardi Gras with friends and family over a delicious Southern-inspired dinner will make this years Mardi Gras memorable even in Whitefish, Montana.

28. Nevada 

On February 10th at the Headquarters Bar, you'll find the Mardi Crawl. There will be thousands of participants crawling between 15 different bars, clubs and taverns to collect beads. See how many bars you can go to, and how many beads you can collect at the end of the night.

29. New Hampshire

Cajan gone tapas. Madears offers an array of dishes to keep the table happy. From Cajun seasoned deep-fried frog legs, sweet pralines to a New Orleans hurricane the spirit of NOLA is brought to you.  Or, if you'd rather sit on the couch at home, Madears offers catering packages for Mardi Gras equipped with alligator bites and catfish nuggets. 

30. New Jersey

If you can't make it to New Orleans this year and are eager to experience the thrill of a Mardi Gras celebration, look no further than the Jersey Shore. On Saturday, February 10, the 3rd annual Asbury Park will host its take on "Mardi Gras." The Ball starts at 7 pm, come dressed in your finest gown and enjoy a night filled with mask making and southern jazz music. Entrance to the ball is $20.

31. New Mexico 

Red River, New Mexico is known for its own outstanding Mardi Gras celebration. Those who flee to this area are sure to experience a more intimate Mardi Gras celebration than rowdy New Orleans. Red River celebrations include the parades and bead tossing as well as Cajun cook-offs and crawfish-boils

32. New York

On Fat Tuesday at 8pm, George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic will be performing at the B.B. King Blues Club & Grill. This terrific venue in the heart of times square will blow you away. Look out for fried oysters and other delicious weekly specials.

33. North Carolina

Along the coast of North Carolina, you can already expect great seafood. So when Mardi Gras comes around North Carolina has its menu together. Enjoy tasty oyster and Crawfish baskets, gumbo, and shrimp at the "Let the Good Times Roll" Seafood Bash. With only a $5 entry fee celebrate all day Saturday, February 10.

34. North Dakota

Start off your Saturday (February 17th), at 11 am, with the 21st Annual API Gumbo Cook-off. The cooking begins in the morning and the public taste testing will begin at 6:30 pm. After 8:30 pm enjoy live music from the band Thunder Road. With only a $10 admission fee, enjoy all the Southern celebration has to offer, knowing all profits will be donated to local charities. 

35. Ohio

Celebrate the 5th Annual Mardi Gras on St. Francis Campus on Friday, February 2, 2018, from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm. You can expect plenty of dancing in the streets, feathers, bead, and masks. There will also be a cash bar and live music. What more could you ask for? 

36. Oklahoma

A traditional New Orleans Parade goes to Oklahoma. On February 10, take part in the Norman Mardi Gras Parade to see exotic costumes, dancers, and entertainment.  This is a fun event for the whole family. So come in your Mardi attire and your stomachs hungry as food trucks serving up Southern cuisine will top off this event. 

37. Oregon

FREE. Oregon knows how to put on a celebration that will make everyone happy. In Portland, Oregon takes part in the Annual Mardi Gras Parade. Watch the Krewe of Nimbus and catch bedazzling beads. No better way to end the carnival season.

38. Pennsylvania

You can enjoy your very own Mardi Gras Crawl in downtown Philly. Join the city for its third annual party filled with lots of fun music, dancing, and food. Deck yourself in free beads and masks to show your festival spirit. Tickets are necessary.

39. Rhode Island

On Saturday, February 10, the 26th Annual Rhythm and Roots Cajun & Zydeco Mardi Gras Ball will take place. Beyond the parades, The Chili Brothers Food Company will be selling their world-famous, Louisiana-Inspired Cuisine. Rhode Island knows how to bring the full Mardi Pardi.

40. South Carolina

The Krewe de ColumbiYaYa is South Carolina's first Mardi Gras krewe, and thus hosts the annual festivities. There are several elements to the fun: the Lagniappe 5k run, the parade itself, and the festival. Be sure to check out the king cake pops from City Roots Farm

41. South Dakota

Deadwood South Dakota takes Mardi Gras seriously. Taking advantage of this holiday, the celebration lasts two days. You can expect to watch two parades, partake in a Cajun cook-off, or a delectable tray of oysters. It's finally time to forget the winter blues and experience Mardi Gras in Deadwood.

42. Tennessee 

You most definitely can't miss this Queens of Carnival Masquerade event. There will be performances by Abby Costello, Diletta Delight, Gidget Bardot and many more. It'll take place on February 9th, at the Studio Nashville. The best part is, it's BYOB.

43. Texas

As they say, it's always bigger in Texas. This includes the Mardi Gras celebration. Mardi Gras "Texas Style" will host its 17th Annual festival in Dallas. Get a chance to listen to listen to top country artists while enjoying the finest Southern staples such as king cake, gumbo, crawfish and more. Buy your tickets in advance

44. Utah

Come to the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum on February 13 from 11am-4pm to learn all about the spirit and thrill surrounding Mardi Gras. There will be hands on activities the whole family can enjoy together while learning about this one of a kind holiday.

45. Vermont

Over twenty years ago, the Magic Hat Brewing Company decided to have a Mardi Gras-themed celebration to benefit a local non-profit. The only challenge was, who will show up in the freezing cold weather? But, people did. Magic Hat has helped to raise money through for non-profits such as HOPE Works and Vermont Foodbank over the last twenty years

46. Virginia

On February 13th at 7 pm, The Clarendon Mardi Gras Parade will take place. It is the biggest Mardi Gras celebration in the Washington DC area. There will be live jazz, New Orleans-style food, and contests. It is a family-friendly event, including local community groups, horses, dogs, fire trucks, colorful masks and plenty of beads.

47. Washington

Located on McGraw Street in Seattle, this quaint bakery serves incredible king cakes, along with many other treats such as a lemon meringue tart, almond croissants, and praline raspberry brioche. Treat yourself to a king cake, and get in the Mardi Gras spirit. 

48. West Virginia

Head on out to West Virginia’s only casino resort with a New Orleans flair. There are plenty of slots, poker, greyhound racing, restaurants and more. What better way to combine West Virginia with New Orleans? Also, check out their French Quarter Restaurant and Bar featuring rockin' oysters and a butterscotch cheesecake, to name a few. 

49. Wisconsin

Do you want to promote your business while celebrating Mardi Gras? Come out to the Elk's Lodge and join over 40 business booths on display. It will be from 3-4pm on February 13th. There will be networking, Mardi Gras spirit, and sample foods. 

50. Wyoming

Last but not least, come join fellow Wyoming residents at the Beacon Club on February 17th at 9 pm. You can enjoy $3 shot specials, and $4 hurricanes. You won't want to miss this special event. Don't forget to stock up on some free beads while you're there. 

Mardi Gras is such a special celebration. The most common misconception is that only New Orleans acknowledges this holiday, when in fact, there are so many ways to celebrate in every single state. So, you have no excuse now. If you want to experience Fat Tuesday with your krewe, here's your golden opportunity.