Mother's Day 2020; it's just in a few days, and if you're anything like me, you still have yet to get your mom something for her special day. I tell myself that it's fine, but then I realized that having a gift come in the mail late is better than no gift at all. Also, if you're like me and need a little guidance in regards to what to get your mom this year, then check out the following gift ideas.

The gifts themselves

Wine from Noble Vines

white wine, alcohol, red wine, wine
Isabel Leeds

A California wine brand with all of their bottles retailing for under $20, you don't have to go breaking your bank account in order to surprise your mom with some wine for this Mother's Day 2020. The nice thing is that you don't even have to go to the wine shop to get your hands on some Noble Vines wine since you can order it online either from wine.com or from Drizly.

Video Conferencing Backgrounds

OK OK, I get it; this technically isn't a gift, but if you're unable to visit your mom this year, then hopping on a call with her and sending her a gift in the mail constitutes as a gift in itself. Some people don't have great relationships with their moms, so if you're one of the lucky ones that love your mom, then you can use any of these backgrounds from Behr Paint on your conference call with your mom. Besides, “As an extension of the Behr Backgrounds we launched in March, the new Mother’s Day backgrounds spark joy, positivity, and comfort as we all continue navigating through this season. Behr Paint colors featured including Light Drizzle and Sedona Pink do just that, and the backgrounds provide a fun way to honor the mothers in your lives, virtually," as stated by Jodi Allen, Chief Marketing Officer at Behr Paint.

Cocktails

Sunglasses, tropical, happy hour, cocktail, pineapple, Frozen, Drinks, Summer
Vienna Terrell

If you're celebrating Mother's Day 2020 with your mom, then surprise her by making some of the following cocktails. The nice part about making cocktails is that it's relatively affordable, and you'll be able to get the whole family involved to help celebrate the lucky woman (or women) that get to call themselves mom:

Slane Irish Coffee

1 part Slane Irish Whiskey

2/3 part Vanilla-Infused Demerara Syrup

Double Cream Float

Freshly Brewed Double Espresso

Dark Chocolate Orange Shavings

Prepare Double Shot Espresso. Add boiling water to halfway glass. Add syrup, double espresso and whiskey, then stir. Top with cream float and garnish with chocolate orange shavings.

Slane & Chambord Irish Coffee

1 Part Slane Whiskey

⅔ parts Chambord Simple Syrup

Freshly brewed Espresso Coffee

Whipped Cream

Chocolate Shavings

Prepare Espresso Shot.

Add boiling water to halfway glass.

Add Chambord Syrup, Espresso, and Whiskey. Then Stir. Top with cream float and garnish with chocolate shavings.

Syrup Recipe

1 Part Granulated Sugar

1 Part Chambord

** Takes a long time to reduce**

OR

Chambord Whipped Cream

1.5 cup Chilled Heavy Whipping Cream

1 oz Chambord

3 tbsp sugar

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

1. Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl. The cream should be straight from the refrigerator.

2. Whip, check taste when the cream has slight peaks that do not hold.

3. Add more sugar or liquor to taste if desired.

4. Beat another minute or two until the cream is whipped. It has peaks that bend and curl at the tips. If you have a mixer, use it. Then just pop a dollop of the whipped cream on top of a Slane Coffee. 

The Sophisticate – For the elegant Mom: simple yet profound, D’USSE is paired with the floral notes of elderflower:

1 ½ part D’USSE VSOP Cognac

¾ part ST-GERMAIN Elderflower Liqueur

Top with MARTINI & ROSSI Prosecco

Lemon twist garnish

Method: Add D’USSE and ST-GERMAIN Elderflower Liqueur into a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a champagne flute. Top with chilled MARTINI & ROSSI Prosecco.

The Achiever – For the ambitious Mom: the balanced achievement of D’USSE blended with refreshing pineapple and cranberry

2 parts D’USSE VSOP Cognac

½ part cranberry juice

1 ½ part pineapple juice

Lime wedge garnish

Method: Build all ingredients in a highball glass with ice.

The Give Me Five Minutes

6oz. Truly Strawberry Lemonade

.5oz. Stevia Simple Syrup

.25oz. Fresh Lemon Juice

4 Strawberries

4 Basil Leaves

To make:

In a mixing glass, add stevia syrup (can nix, if needed!), lemon juice, two basil leaves, two strawberries (cut into small pieces) and muddle. Cover with ice and shake. Add Truly Strawberry Lemonade to the mixing tin and pour over a 14oz. cooler glass. Garnish with additional strawberries and fresh basil leaves as desired! Serve cocktail with the remainder of the can.

Cool as a Mother

6oz. Truly Watermelon & Kiwi

75oz. Light Agave Nectar

.75oz. Aloe Vera Water

1 Lime Wedge

5 Mint Leaves

4 Cucumber Wheels

1 Pinch Sea Salt

To make:

In a mixing glass, add sea salt, cucumber, lime, mint, and agave. Muddle gently, then add aloe vera water. Cover with ice and shake. Add Truly Watermelon & Kiwi and strain into an iced 14oz. cooler glass. Garnish with cucumber and mint and serve the remainder of can. 

Moms Gone Wild Berry

6oz. Truly Wild Berry

.5oz. Stevie Simple Syrup

.25oz. Fresh Lime Juice

6 Blueberries

6 Mint Leaves

To make:

In a mixing glass, add mint leaves, lime juice, blueberries and simple syrup. Muddle, then cover with ice and shake. Add Truly Wild Berry to mixing tin and strain into an iced highball glass. Garnish with 2 blueberries and mint and serve with the remainder of the can. 

Kitchen Supplies

Kitchen, oven, pan, skillet, stove, Cooking, Scrambled eggs, Eggs, cooking eggs
Julia Gilman

Growing up, your mom and or your dad were the ones that were constantly in the kitchen feeding you; so why not pay it forward with the following kitchen gadgets from Tupperware?

MicroPro Grill: $199

Perfect for the mom who hasn’t been able to grill outside yet or the urban mom, this product grills meat, fish, and vegetables in under 20 minutes (Check it out here, it’s AMAZING!).

Corkscrew: $29

Using a corkscrew has never been easier! Mom will love how the ergonomic knob on our stainless, carbon-steel corkscrew wine opener turns one-way to screw into the cork and remove without resistance. This is one of Tupperware’s most popular products.

Microwave Breakfast Maker Set: $29

Make sure mom always gets a healthy start to her day! The microwave egg cooker is ideal for cooking omelets, oatmeal, breakfast sandwiches, and even French toast in the microwave.

Universal Series Chef Knife: $29

This premium Chef Knife is essential for everyday prep as it is safe, non-slip, and distinctly colorful.

Vent 'N Serve Set: $30

Always reheating leftovers? Gift him a collection of beautifully colored containers specifically designed for heating and reheating food of all sizes.

Chop 'N Prep Chef: $39

Mighty but mini, this chopper is a true power tool in the kitchen— ideal for chopping herbs, nuts, garlic, and small veggies in seconds.

Ultra Pro Lasagna Pan With Cover: $99

Tupperware's innovative Lasagna Pan with Lid will change what mom thinks is possible in the kitchen making roast turkeys, pasta dishes, and more. The UltraPro all-in-one material is not only safe for the oven, but it’s also safe for microwave, fridge, and freezer.

Chef Series Fry Pan with Glass Cover: $179

Bring mom into the kitchen by encouraging him to start a lifetime relationship with a frying pan that he can depend on. Like all Chef Series products, this fry pan includes the cast hollow handles which mean, no matter how hot the pan gets the handles will remain cool. Perfect for that mom who doesn’t want to wear oven mitts.

Smirnoff

For Mother's Day 2020, Smirnoff Red, White and Berry has released an array of virtual backgrounds as part of their vrunch guide. Who says that you have to celebrate Mother's Day 2020 without your mom? 

Now that you know what to give your mom for this year, it's time that you trek out to the stores online and buy said gifts for her. It's never too late to celebrate Mother's Day 2020; it's the thought that counts by the end of the day.