This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% our own. 

Whether you’re moving into a dorm with a kitchen or into your first apartment, there are nine items I’d say are non-negotiable. From small appliances to apps (like Food Network Kitchen), here is your shopping list to be prepared to cook almost anything. *Chef’s kiss.*

Happy cooking!

1. Magic Bullet

For less than $20, this mini blender will last for years. Not only can it help you make the simplest of smoothies, but also soups, pancake batter, hummus, and so much more!

2. Baking Sheet

You never know when you’ll need a snack during a late night of studying or going out, so it’s always smart to have a cookie sheet on hand. This one is $2, so you can thank us later.

3. Hand Mixer

Make baking cookies easier by investing in a hand mixer. Whip up brownies, cakes, cookies in a fraction of the time when you no longer need to hand churn that dough.

4. Keurig

This new and improved Keurig is amazing with its narrow design that can fit on even the smallest of kitchen counters. Pro tip: it’s not just for coffee, use the hot water for your ramen or instant oatmeal, too.

5. Pyrex Bakeware Set

A basic set of Pyrex dishes is a must, for baking casseroles or cinnamon rolls (yes the store-bought kind). These are perfect and stack together to not take up too much cabinet space.

6. Food Network Kitchen App

To put all of your new kitchen items to good use, download the Food Network Kitchen App to search recipes, watch shows, and learn new skills from Food Network stars through live and step-by-step cooking classes! You can take quick and easy cooking classes on your own time and even order the ingredients with a few simple taps. Talk about cooking and baking made easy in 2020!

7. Dish Drying Rack

You most likely won’t have a dishwasher in your first kitchen (and if you do I am v. jealous), so grab one of these dish drying racks to air dry after you clean them. Choose one with two levels to save your precious counter space.

8. Toaster Oven

Not only can you use this to toast and reheat food, but you can also bake cookies or cook chicken using a toaster oven. So if you don’t even have an oven, or are simply trying to conserve energy, invest in one of these!

9. Strainer

If you’re anything like me, pasta is a staple in your diet. Don’t lose any more noods down the drain with a strainer, plus this one is literally less than $3. *Adds to cart.*

Happy cooking!