Dubbed by many as “The World’s Greatest College Weekend,” Little 500 is the iconic bike race in which many teams and riders participate every year. It’s no surprise that in the true IU spirit, imbibing heavily with friends and eating amazing food have become a big part of this week long celebration. Here’s a list of 10 things that every Hoosier has on his or her Little 5 bucket list. (Many thanks to Czesia Eid for helping me create this list, including all of the bar references).

1. A trip to the Kilroy’s patio because DUH: breadsticks and long islands and warm weather. Who can resist?

Little 5

Photo Courtesy of kilroyskirkwood.com

2. Eating a fat stack of pancakes or a massive omelette at the Village Deli after a long night out (NEWSFLASH: they just reopened for business, y’all!)

Banana Nutella pancakes are back by popular demand! #villagedeli #eatlocal #pancakes

A photo posted by The Village Deli (@thevillagedeli) on

3. Ordering Baked! of Bloomington and stuffing your face. Gorging yourself with cookies on 4/20 seems appropriate, after all, but there are specials every day that will definitely please your sweet tooth.

Little 5

Photo by Jami Gitles

4. Grabbing a Hairy Bear from Bear’s Place with a couple friends. They’re never a bad idea… until they are.

Little 5

Photo courtesy of bearsplacebar.com

5. Watching Breaking Away while covered in slices of Pizza X and ranch.

Popeye #pizza … AKA #foodporn #nom #getinmybelly

A photo posted by Pizza X (@pizzax) on

6. Stumbling into Taco Bell after you lost your jacket (and probably your dignity) at Sports or the Bluebird. Don’t forget about the extended Little 500 hours… though on second thought, you probably should.

Squad.

A photo posted by Taco Bell (@tacobell) on

7. Getting up early for “kegs and eggs” with friends. All part of a wholesome breakfast, I mean c’mon there’s tons of protein in eggs… right?

Cheers to patio season! #regram @ross.hughes #craftbeer #uplandbtown

A photo posted by Upland Brewing Company (@uplandbrewco) on

8. Going out on Thursday for the insane drink specials on Kirkwood. $3 HOLLAAAAA! (then going out to the food trucks after aforementioned $3 holla and ordering a gourmet grilled cheese at Big Cheeze).

9. Wrapping up your weekend at Bloomington Bagel Co. for their hangover special: a gargantuan sandwich that’s sure to knock you into a food coma until you remember real life starts the following Monday.