Whether or not Greek life is for you, joining Spoon will be one of the best decisions you make during university.

1. We don’t haze (unless you consider eating an entire Domino’s pizza unethical)

Joining Spoon

Photo by Charlotte Cohen

We get how suffering through hazing can be one of the most bonding activities out there, but we think the food comas we induce cause enough suffering as is.

2. Our idea of spring break involves eating more and stressing less about our bikini bodies (nothing against the latter, we just prefer gelato)

Joining Spoon

Photo by Sophia Chiang

Look, I have nothing against Cabo (shoutout to authentic Mexican food), but it’s pretty hard to turn down going on a food tour through your favourite city. My fellow chapter members killed it at the #SB2k16 food game, and I have them to thank for a Facebook and Instagram feed full of the best food from each of their destinations.

3. Stopping to take 73 photos of the chapter dinner is deemed acceptable instead of basic

Joining Spoon

Photo by Charlotte Cohen

It’s pretty damn rare to find a group of people that are down to get the #spoonfeed gram before digging into the meal. However, I can proudly say that our chapter potlucks don’t commence until I’ve gotten the perfect snap of the spread.

4. You will be encouraged to eat to your heart’s content, with #noragrets

Never in my life have I met a group of people more encouraging when it comes to deciding whether or not to take that third slice of cake. Here at Spoon, we all know that eating > dieting, and we accept everyone’s food preferences and restrictions, whether that be vegan, gluten-free, or just super healthy by choice. Food is good, and #noragrets is the motto.

5. “Rush” involves bonding over your love of food, not making fake small talk about the weather

Joining Spoon

Photo by Sophia Chiang

It’s no secret how terrible rush is, for all parties involved. So why waste your time forcing conversations with people you might have nothing in common with when you could meet fellow foodies that you know love the same things as you (hint: food)?

6. It’s free

Joining Spoon

Photo by Charlotte Cohen

Well….technically its $15 to sign up, but that’s a one-time fee that doesn’t even compare to the thousands that can rack up with sorority dues. The money that we’re saving can now go towards more important things (tequila and tacos, anyone?).

7. You will meet people from entirely different friend groups, and everyone will bring someone unique to the table (get it?)

Joining Spoon

Photo by Eleanor Shanahan

Food is one of the most universal, uniting concepts. Joining Spoon allows you to meet people on your campus that you maybe would have never met otherwise, and you will wonder why you didn’t befriend them sooner.

8. You will have brothers and sisters all over the world, from USA, all the way to Scotland, India, and The Netherlands

Joining Spoon

Photo by David Buckley

There are Spoon chapters all over the world, which means that you will be welcomed with open arms by Spoon members in whichever city or country you find yourself in. We even had a member visit us in Scotland, all the way from Connecticut!

9. You’re guaranteed the inside scoop on the best restaurants in every state (and country), via the ultra secret super spectacular Spoon Members’ Network

Joining Spoon

Photo by David Buckley

If you join Spoon, you have access to the Spoon University Members’ Network on Facebook, which consists of nearly 3k of the foodiest foodies in the world. Want to know where to get the best pie in your college city? Ask. Want to do a road trip across America to taste the most epic milkshakes in existence? Ask, and you shall receive insider information from members all over the world who definitely know what they’re talking about.

Basically, Spoon is the shit. #RUSHSPΘΘN2K16