I love cake. It’s as simple as that. Anytime I’m upset or sad, cake will automatically make me feel better. It’s basically perfect. If you need more convincing, here are my nine legitimate, completely serious reasons:

1. It doesn’t yell at me.

Cake

Gif courtesy of elitedaily.com

Instead of fighting with your partner about whatever, sit down and get yourself some lemon cake! It’s the perfect amount of sweetness to brighten up your day. Just by looking at lemon cake, it reminds you of sunshine and happiness.

2. It’s always there for me. If I want it, I’ll get it.

Cake

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Chocolate lava cake might not actually give you the warm hug you want, but the chocolaty melted goodness will give you the same satisfaction; it is just as soothing.

3. It’s very comforting.

Cake

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

If I want to remind myself of home, I can take a bite and instantly be transported to my stool at the kitchen counter. My moms homemade red velvet cake is second to none. Your dorm room will suddenly feel like home after that bite of beautiful, fluffy cream cheese frosting.

4. It’s never mean to me.

Cake

Gif courtesy of ruinedchildhood.com

It’s ok if you get that Funfetti cake all over your face, it won’t judge you for it. Cake cares for you. It never wants you to be sad. All those sprinkles will cheer you up with colorful bliss.

5. Cake doesn’t talk back to you.

Cake

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

You can stare at Boston cream pie for hours and wouldn’t have to worry about it making a peep. It probably knows its sole purpose is to please you. The thick vanilla custard combined with the alluring chocolate glaze and sponge cake will definitely not disappoint.

6. Eating cake is always an excuse to celebrate.

Cake

Gif courtesy of absolutepunk.net

Finally a good enough reason to celebrate my half birthday! Go get yourself some birthday cake. As simple as the vanilla flavor and icing is, you can never go wrong. It’ll remind you of parties! It doesn’t matter what time of year it is. #treatyoself

7. A great cake is beautiful.

Cake

Gif courtesy of buzzeed.com

You can have so many different kinds of flavors, sizes, and designs. You will never get bored with all the varieties and flavors of cupcakes. They will never go out of style. Trust me. It doesn’t even care what shape or size you are! Go get mini cupcakes from Baked By Melissa or get yourself some delicious Sprinkles cupcakes.

8. Cake is dreamy.

Cake

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Nothing beats that moment when you experience that first taste of tres leches cake. The flavor oozes into your mouth creating a yummy feeling in your tummy.

9. Cake can be eaten at every meal.

Cake

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Cake for breakfast? Duh, what do you think muffins really are anyway? Cake for lunch? Yes, please. Cake for dinner? Sorry mom. Why think about eating anything else?