There are two types of people who watch DJ Khaled’s (@djkhaled305) Snapchat story – those who find him funny and those who find him inspirational. If you’re anything like me, you started as the former and quickly became the latter.

So what is it about DJ Khaled that makes everyone so interested in following his life? Is it his numerous awards for DJ of the Year? Is it his gold and platinum records? Is it his $3.8 million mansion? Or, could it be his positive outlook on life and genuine desire to see everyone around him win?

DJ Khaled

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

When you first tune into the holy grail of snaps that is DJ Khaled’s story, you’re unsure if you should take him seriously or not. When he’s not cruising around Miami on his jet ski (or getting lost at sea), he’s sweating profusely in a white t-shirt on an elliptical, asking Chef Dee what’s for lunch, or swinging in a hammock in his backyard. Until recently, when he set off on his tour bus.

But none of these scenarios are without DJ Khaled’s self-proclaimed “Keys to Success.” And although these “keys” may be comedy material to some, they can be genuine life lessons for others. So ride with me through the journey of more success and everything you’ll learn from DJ Khaled’s Snapchat.

Nothing in life is free

DJ Khaled

Photo courtesy of Snapchat

From a $35 room service bill to bottle service at the club, DJ Khaled demonstrates that nothing in life is free. While none of us necessarily have DJ Khaled funds, we can still adopt a DJ Khaled attitude and believe in working hard for everything we receive.

Eating healthy is a major key

DJ Khaled

Photo courtesy of Snapchat

Eating healthy is so major, in fact, that DJ Khaled frequently walks his viewers through his kitchen to see what’s good with his personal chef, Chef Dee. Khaled’s keys to a successful diet include a protein-packed breakfast, a well-balanced lunch, fresh fruit, cake, and of course, water.

Good hygiene is crucial

DJ Khaled

Photo courtesy of Snapchat

Khaled is an avid user of soap, lotion, and Listerine. Although I’m still curious as to who is holding down the button on the snap while he lathers himself up in the shower, we can all agree that good hygiene is a major key.

Take care of yourself

DJ Khaled

Photo courtesy of Snapchat

If you didn’t already know, the phrase, “Dress well, test well” can also apply to real life. When you look good, you feel good, so take the time to get the line-up or those brows on fleek and you’ll be feeling better in no time.

Education is important

DJ Khaled

Photo courtesy of Snapchat

Khaled is a graduate of Dr. Phillips High School in Orlando, Florida. Although he closely resembles Josh Peck in his school photo, Khaled encourages his younger fans to stay in school. Like he says, “School is like life. You’ll be tested – pass it.”

Enjoy life

DJ Khaled

Photo courtesy of Snapchat

Although DJ Khaled recently celebrated his 40th birthday, he is still enjoying life like he’s 12. Just because they don’t want you to jet ski doesn’t mean you shouldn’t, as long as you don’t get lost.

Support your friends

DJ Khaled

Photo courtesy of Snapchat

As of September 2015, Drake’s net worth was over $75 million, which means DJ Khaled’s sneaker sale barely put a dent in Drake’s pocket. However, that didn’t stop Khaled from showing his homie love and putting that money in his pocket anyways.

Surround yourself with people who want to see you win

DJ Khaled

Photo courtesy of Snapchat

Energy is contagious, which could be why DJ Khaled frequently preaches about positive vibes. So how do you welcome more positive energy into your life? You surround yourself with people who want to see you win, and then you win together.

Never give up

DJ Khaled

Photo courtesy of Snapchat

If there’s one life lesson DJ Khaled is a living testament to, it’s never giving up. Just four years ago, he was facing eviction from his Miami apartment for not paying rent. But two days ago, not long after turning 40, Khaled purchased a 6,600 square foot $3.8 million mansion. In Khaled’s own word, “Life can get hard. Never give up, never surrender.”

Remember – they don’t want you to win. But who is “they” exactly? According to Chef Dee, “‘They’ are whoever is bringing negative energy to positive vibes.” So keep the energy positive, keep the blessings flowing, and keep the wins coming.

DJ Khaled

Gif courtesy of limelightlowlifes.com