For the past few years, Lay’s has put on their “Do Us a Flavor” contest to put out new, exciting flavors created by the very people who eat their chips. Who wouldn’t want to win one million dollars and have their creation tasted by the entire nation? All you have to do is create your own unique chip idea, share it, and beat out the 3.8 million other submissions. No big deal.

Thus far I’ve found that a lot of the flavor competitors, like “Pizza Roll,” “Philly Cheese Steak,” and “Applewood Bacon & Cheddar” actually sound pretty delectable, but as for most of the others, I can’t say the same. Here is a list of the 9 worst submissions you couldn’t pay us to eat.

Tuna Melt

do us a flavor

Photo courtesy of Lay’s “Do Us a Flavor”

Seafood-flavored chips don’t sound too appetizing, despite trying to fool us with the gourmet-looking photo on the bag. Let alone canned-tuna-flavored chips.

Wine & Cheese

do us a flavor

Wine? Really? The bitter taste of a red wine paired with the salty potato flavor of potato chips would not make for an appealing combination.

Kale Caesar

do us a flavor

Ahhh kale, the most superior of the super foods. It’s great in salad or in a smoothie, but on potato chips? I don’t think so.

Sweet Tea

do us a flavor

The most reliable drink on a hot summer day, but in crunchy form? Yikes.

Berries meet potatoes

do us a flavor

If you know what this means please let me know.

Ceviche Lemon

do us a flavor

Another seafood ingredient, and another bust. The lemon doesn’t sound great either.

Yogurt

do us a flavor

Yogurt has a sour, tangy taste that tastes good when mixed with honey or cinnamon. Not with chips.

Watermelon Sea Salt

do us a flavor

Watermelon and sea salt makes for a savory duo, but again, do you really want that on your chip?

Pumpkin Pie

do us a flavor

Maybe, just maybe, around Thanksgiving time. Otherwise, I’ll pass.

Pump up the flavor with these articles: