Dessert – the meal that often gets a bad rap. But does eating dessert have to be seen as such a sinful habit? The issue lies with refined sugar, white flour, butter and trans fats. Studies have found that these ingredients are associated with obesity and increased rates of type 2 diabetes.

easy vegan desserts

Although for those of us with a sweet tooth, we like to enjoy that little sweet treat after dinner. Vegan desserts provide the best of both worlds, because they can be made at home and satisfy our sugar cravings, all while staying on the healthier side.

Instead of refined sugar, ingredients such as bananas, dates and dark chocolate can be used to naturally sweeten a dessert. Avocados and chia seeds which are commonly used in these treats provide a healthy source of fats, protein, and fiber. These recipes are not only delicious and healthy but take very little time and all consist of 5 ingredients or less.

1. Chocolate Pudding

easy vegan desserts

Photo by Katherine Baker

Thick and creamy, chocolatey goodness. This 4-ingredient pudding is delicious, healthy, and full of nutrients like protein and fiber. Packing in tofu, cocoa powder, milk and sugar make for a delicious dessert that takes only 5 minutes to prepare.

2. Banana Mango Toast

easy vegan desserts

Photo by Grace Goettman

The avocado toast hype has given us the gift of elaborate toasts. Instead of the typical breakfast or lunch avocado toast, add banana and mango to toast to make up the base for a hearty vegan dessert. Adding coconut and a drizzle of honey are an optional addition to this tropical dessert.

3. Chia Seed Pudding

easy vegan desserts

Photo by Brooke Bierhaus

Chia seeds are one of the superfoods that we just can’t get enough of. They are packed with omega-3s and essential fatty acids and have been shown to keep you full for longer periods of time. With just two ingredients, this dessert is so easy to make and is both vegan and packed full of protein.

4. Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies

easy vegan desserts

Photo by Kelly Logan

Oats, peanut butter and banana are all this recipe calls for. Whip these up for those long nights studying or as a quick dessert after a filling dinner. This easy vegan and gluten-free cookie recipe will take less than 15 minutes to make from start to finish.

5. Cinnamon, Ginger & Brown Sugar-Baked Grapefruit

easy vegan desserts

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Grapefruit is typically more of a breakfast or snack food, but it makes for a perfect light dessert. Not only does it have a wealth of antioxidants, grapefruits have restorative properties for skin. Upgrade your simple grapefruit with this recipe that only takes 3 minutes.

6. Chocolate Avocado Truffles

easy vegan desserts

Photo by Emily Hu

With just three ingredients, these are a guaranteed dessert that will be ready to eat in no time. The antioxidants and healthy fat provided by the avocado and dark chocolate will work their magic as the truffles melt in your mouth.

7. Chocolate-Dipped Apricots With Coconut Flakes

easy vegan desserts

Photo by Anika Schaedle

Dark chocolate, dried fruit and coconut make for a delicious combination. Your taste buds will be tingling with this recipe.

8. Banana Mango Vegan Ice cream

easy vegan desserts

Photo by Natalie Beam

This dessert definitely rivals actual ice cream made with dairy that even non-vegans rave about it. Made with only two ingredients, the frozen fruit and bananas get thrown in a blender and blended to a perfect consistency of rich and creamy ice cream. Not only do you get a low-calorie dessert, but also the added benefits of vitamins and minerals from the fruit.

9. Chocolate-Drizzled Popcorn

easy vegan desserts

Photo by Kirby Barth

Who says you can’t turn conventionally salty snacks into sweet ones? Sit back and watch a movie while munching on popcorn drizzled with dark chocolate for a guilt-free late-night snack.