On the list of things Trinity students complain about, the food choices at Mather ranks pretty high. Criticizing the dry chicken breasts or the uncooked green beans is standard small talk around campus. Before you spend what little money you have on take-out, check out these revolutionary dining hall hacks to make Mather not only bearable, but satisfying.

1. Breakfast Burrito

Dining Hall Hacks

Photo courtesy of @cafe_losfeliz on Instagram

Plate some cheesy scrambled eggs, bacon, and hash browns. Bring it to the sandwich station and wrap it up with turkey, peppers, and onions. Top it off with chipotle mayo or hot sauce. Your friends who waited a half hour at the egg station will be jealous.

2. Ice Cream Soda Floats

Dining Hall Hacks

Photo courtesy of @uglytruth86 on Instagram

Mix any flavor ice cream with any kind of soda. Vanilla + Root beer = Classic. Vanilla + Orange Soda = Creamsicle. Whateva floats ya boat! Here are more creative combos.

3. Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps

Dining Hall Hacks

Photo courtesy by @dee_castro on Instagram

Summer is around the corner, and it would be a lot easier to get bikini ready if Mather’s salad bar was a bit more appealing. Instead of eating that same salad for the third time this week, head over to the kosher station. This guy makes some pretty bomb chicken salad, and the huge pieces of lettuce are just begging to be used as a wrap.

4. PB & J Ice Cream Sandwich

Dining Hall Hacks

Photo courtesy of CNN Eatocracy on Instagram

Toasted English muffins. Peanut butter. Jelly. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in between. Trust me. Just do it. Check our these other epic PB&J hacks.

5. Fried Egg Rice

Dining Hall Hacks

Photo courtesy of @hungrycoco on Instagram

Rice from the hot bar? Lame. Fried egg from the egg station? Boring. Rice from the hot bar topped with a fried egg and soy sauce? Oh yessssssss.

6. Cinnamon Toast Waffles

Dining Hall Hacks

Photo courtesy of holycowvegan.net on Instagram

Next time you use the waffle machine, sprinkle some (or a lot of) cinnamon into the batter. After your waffle is golden and crispy and drowning in syrup, crumble some cinnamon toast crunch on top.

7. Steamed Vegetables

Dining Hall Hacks

Photo by Kai Huang

Deep down, and I mean deep, deep down, you know you need your vegetables. If the hot bar isn’t looking too tasty, grab some raw veggies from the salad bar, add butter, salt, and about one tablespoon of water. Microwave for 2 – 3 minutes.

8. Deviled Eggs

Dining Hall Hacks

Photo by Stephanie Cozza

Cut hard-boiled eggs in half, take out the yolk, mix with mayo and a lil’ of bit mustard, and replace. Gourmet AF.

9. Thai Dipping Sauce

Dining Hall Hacks

Photo courtesy of @harbiyiyorum on Instagram

For when the grilled chicken is truly unbearable… mix soy sauce, peanut butter and Sriracha sauce (a new Mather addition!) to make effortless Thai sauce. I promise this will be your new go-to.