Every foodie wishes he or she could afford to go on the most prestigious food tours while traveling, but with a college student budget, those gourmet tours are way too pricey. Enter the concept of free walking tours.

Tour your destination city for free, check out the local food scene while you walk (be sure to ask your guide for local recommendations), and then decide where to go and how much you are willing to spend on your own time. Here’s how to save money in nine of the most foodie cities around the world.

1. Copenhagen, Denmark

tours

Photo by Dave Short

The capital of Denmark offers a glimpse into new Nordic cuisine, which emphasizes the importance of eating locally-sourced foods. Copenhagen Free Walking Tours offers three different tours. If you want to grab a delicious lunch after your tour, try the “Classical Copenhagen” option, which concludes at the Torvehallerne market.

2. Barcelona, Spain

tours

Photo by Korakot Suriya-Arporn

Runner Bean Tours offers five different tours in the home of Catalan culture. You can gaze at the wonders of Gaudi architecture while you keep your eyes peeled for tapas bars. You’ll have to strut like you mean it – à la Cheetah Girls – if you wanna work off all the delicious food you’re bound to eat while exploring this city.

3. Dublin, Ireland

tours

Photo by Savannah Carter

Find out why Irish pubs are so famous and try the local fare for yourself. Dublin Free Walking Tours offers tours of both the north and the south side of the city so you’ll get to know your way around. Be sure to ask your guide for the best time to tour the Guinness Storehouse – I hear there’s a free sample at the end.

4. Seoul, South Korea

tours

Photo courtesy of maangchi.com

Visitors flock to South Korea’s capital city to experience its incredible food scene that celebrates both Michelin star restaurants and street food stalls. The Seoul Office of Tourism offers twenty-three different city walking tours, and they are all free. There’s more than just Korean barbeque to Seoul, but there’s no harm having a little of everything.

5. New Orleans, USA

tours

Photo by Michelle Martin

Arguably America’s number one food destination, New Orleans’ rich culinary history and vibrant streets make you feel like you’ve been transported to a bygone time. Free Tours by Foot offers countless walking tours in The Big Easy, but most importantly, it offers a free food tour, French Quarter Food and History. Spoon Tulane has the rest of the details on how to enjoy this foodie paradise.

6. London, England

tours

Photo by Jason Cruz

London is a thriving, multicultural city with a cuisine that’s just as well-traveled. Aside from fish and chips, London is well-known for its Indian and Thai restaurants. Free Tours by Foot offers a tour of the East London food scene, covering everything from British classics to food trucks in the area.

7. Bordeaux, France

tours

Photo by Amanda Shulman

France is a renowned for a being a foodie haven, and Bordeaux helps explain why. Whether you are strolling through the market or sipping a glass of wine (some Bordeaux, perhaps?), this city will satisfy your culinary cravings. These free, self-guided tours let you explore Bordeaux on your own terms.

8. Santiago, Chile

tours

Photo by Natsuko Mazany

Chile’s capital is the artistic hub of the country and that energy is infused in its food culture. Free Tour Santiago offers a walking tour of Santiago that includes both history and local tips. Head over to the Barrio Lastarria neighborhood to hit up trendy bars and restaurants.

9. Montreal, Canada

tours

Photo by Helena Lin

Montreal has old-world charm, avant-garde food trends, and let’s not forget about the poutineFree Montreal Tours offers historic walking tours of the French Canadian city. Check out Spoon McGill for insider tips on the best places to eat and drink in the city.