Dogs have so much to offer. They’re loyal, friendly, playful, hilarious, empathetic, loving, and absolutely freaking adorable. Owning a dog is one of the greatest joys that life has to offer. And having to leave your dog is one of the greatest tragedies. Sadly, this happens quite often because dogs are typically not allowed in class, in the workplace, and in most shopping and dining establishments. However, there are some magical restaurants that allow you and your dog the honor of sharing a meal, which is a truly magical experience.

And these are the very best ones:

1. Shake Shack

Photo courtesy of foodandwine.com

You’ve probably already heard of this popular burger chain, but did you know just how canine friendly it is? You can sit outside at Shake Shack with your furry friend, and you can even order something for them off a special dog menu. We recommend the Pooch-ini.

2. West 79th Street Boat Basin Cafe

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Next time you’re looking to a romantic meal with your pup, check out the West 79th Street Boat Basin Cafe. There’s a breathtaking view of the Hudson, and there are plenty of tasty burgers, salads, and sandwhiches to nosh on. Take it all in with man’s best friend right by your side.

3. Barking Dog Luncheonette

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

If you and your canine pal are looking to have a nice brunch on the Upper East Side, head to the Barking Dog Luncheonette. There are tons of delicious breakfast options for you, and there are dog treats and a doggy water fountain for the dog.

4. LIC Bar

Photo courtesy of media.timeout.com

This hip Queens destination for craft beer is also a very popular place for dog-lovers. At LIC Bar there’s an outdoor patio perfect for having a drink, hanging out with your pet, and ordering delivery from a local eatery.

5. Growler Bites & Brews

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

The walls of this restaurant are adorned with dog portraits and there’s a downstairs cocktail lounge called Underdog. So Growler Bites & Brews is clearly a dog-friendly venue. Sit outside with your canine and enjoy some eclectic bar foods like fried pickles, curry onion rings, and loaded Korean fries.

6. Fred’s

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Fred’s is another great place to go to for some brunch with your four-legged friend. You can sit inside and gaze at the many dog photos on the walls, or the two of you can sit outside. Enjoy some yummy Eggs Benedict while you people-watch.

7. Bistro Chat Noir

dog

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

For a schnazzy night out with your favorite pet, head to Bistro Chat Noir on the Upper East Side. They serve tasty French food and will gladly bring water for dogs while you dine. Everybody wins.

8. Cornelia Street Cafe

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Dogs and brunch really do seem to go well together. The Cornelia Street Cafe is yet another cute and trendy spot to enjoy some French toast, fresh fruit, mimosas, and the company of your furry pal.

9. North End Grill

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Any meal that you have at the North End Grill will be great, whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or just drinks. And dogs will love it, too, with dog-friendly seating and kind waiters who may bring them some treats.