There is no sincere love like the love for food and while people like me are in a life-long affair with it, there are some souls on this planet who apparently run away from food. Yes, seriously, they are the ones with the food phobias which are so weird that you’ll actually be forgiven for secretly laughing after hearing all about it (because I did too).

Although you can’t even imagine how painful it is for the people who actually have to deal with these phobias. While we foodies live to eat, these guys have to go through so much to fight with their fears. Mates, we feel you and that’s why we have come up with some alternatives that you can hop on.

So, here are 8 crazy food phobias that exist for real and some substitutes that can help to #balance them.

1. Lachanophobia: Fear of vegetables

food phobias

Photo By Sabhyata Badhwar

Most of us may admit to having it as little kids but never knew that something like this actually existed. Tada, it certainly does and this article about a woman having the same in The Telegraph proves it too.

Well, we really can’t offer a permanent solution to this but you can find some easy and delicious fruits related recipes on Spoon.

2. Mageirocophobia: Fear of cooking

food phobias

Photo courtesy of detik.com

Some people say that cooking is love made visible but there are some others who certainly hate doing it to the core. Do you feel like running away every time you see a stove? Yes? Then my dear friend, you too might be a mageirocophobic.

This means you are always open to dine-out options or you can always have people cook for you. Eh, now that doesn’t sound too bad, right?

3. Xocolatophobia: Fear of chocolates

food phobias

Photo By Sabhyata Badhwar

While for people like me living without chocolates would be a nightmare, the people with this fear can’t even stand seeing chocolates, let alone put it in the mouth.

But do you still have a sweet tooth (that is not for chocolates, obviously) then you should try out Kaya (a jam) and thank us later for the rescue.

4. Alliumphobia: Fear of garlic

food phobias

Photo by Kai Huang

Though garlic claims to have numerous health benefits like reducing blood pressure, lowering the risk of heart diseases etc, some people still do have this weird fear. So the next time you feel like puking after seeing garlic, you know you might have alliumphobia.

You guys can use a lot of spices and powders available in the market easily instead of garlic. Though your dish would not taste exact same but these will definitely enhance the taste and isn’t this what #balance is all about?

5. Acerophobia: Fear of sour things

food phobias

Photo By Sabhyata Badhwar

You will generally find people with this fear struggling to run away for everything sour. So, no lemonades for them please. Check out some scrumptious desserts from around the world because something sweet always helps.

6. Carnophobia: fear of meat

food phobias

Photo Courtesy Of Hungryforever.com

Now, many of you may dislike meat but carnophobic people actually fear meat to an extent that even seeing it on a television screen can cause great trauma.

Well, then you should definitely try making these Zucchini meatballs that work as a wonderful substitute for actual meatballs.

7. Methyphobia: Fear of alcohol

food phobias

Photo By Sabhyata Badhar

Due to this phobia seeing people drink alcohol or merely thinking about it can cause extreme panic. So, a big NO to boozing nights with friends, right?

You can always look for some mocktails, though. Here are 5 mocktails you can try making.

8. Cibophobia: Fear of eating

food phobias

Photo Courtesy Of Answers.com

Now that’s brutal, how do people even manage to live with such a fear? If you are going through this, then we really feel you should contact a doctor soon.

Do you have any of these phobias too? If yes, then we hope this post proved to be of some help for you.