Think of your ideal winter weekend morning. Maybe there's a warm blanket involved and a giant mug of hot chocolate. Perhaps you simply imagine the smell of fresh coffee. No matter what your hot beverage of choice is, pretty much all of them pair well with pancakes. The problem that follows is deciding what kind of pancakes to make. Sure, you could just go out to brunch, but that requires leaving your dorm. Instead, make use of that dorm kitchen and try one of these 8 vegan pancake recipes to satisfy your breakfast cravings.

Pancakes are basically an excuse to eat cake for breakfast – hey, it's in the name – and if you're going to eat cake, why not choose something more exciting than plain vanilla. The list below has pancakes to suit every taste, whether you've got a hard-core sweet tooth or would rather something for your more refined palate. Either way, enjoy!

1. For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Lover...

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes

Pretty much all recipes by Dana Shultz (aka Minimalist Baker) are incredible, but her breakfast and dessert recipes take the cake (see what I did there). These pancakes combine the best of both. Top them with more chocolate chips and fresh berries and you are good to go. 

2. For the Francophile...

Basic Vegan Crepes

Whether you pronounce them as crAYpes or crEHpes, these thin French pancakes are always a treat. Unfortunately, crepes can be pretty hard to get right – and that's before you try making them without eggs. Luckily, Audrey Snowe's vegan crepe recipe only requires a few ingredients and are easily adaptable for different types of flour. If you don't have a huge sweet tooth, these sugar-free cakes can be filled with your favorite savory filling. Though if sweet breakfasts are more your thing, there isn't a better filling than classic jam and fruit:

3. For the Trendy Turmeric Latte Drinker...

Turmeric Spice Pancakes

Delicious flavor aside, you can make these pancakes in two colors, both of which are 100 percent food coloring free. You don't need to understand the science behind it, but Natalie (the creator behind this beautiful stack) tells you how to do it. If you aren't feeling inspi(red) to make these, stick to the turmeric-colored ones like I did below (I promise they're still amazing!)

I topped mine with more turmeric (I might be a little obsessed), strawberries, peanut butter, and cacao nibs.

4. For the PSL Fanatic...

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

Is there really any better way to start off a chilly morning than with pancakes reminiscent of the drink of the season? Whether or not you've tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte (Confession: I haven't), these pancakes embody the spirit of fall and taste just like you'd expect. It really doesn't get much better than healthy pumpkin pie for breakfast – until you top it with almond butter and raspberries (I didn't use chocolate chips but I'm not saying it's a bad idea.)

5. For the Peanut Butter Fiend...

Peanut Butter Pancakes

What's better than topping your pancakes with peanut butter? Filling your pancakes with it! Not only are these pancakes full of peanut butter flavor (obviously), they're also only 7 ingredients and one serving contains more protein than two eggs. They are made with peanut flour (think PB2, but no added salt or sugar). Top yours with maple syrup, more peanut butter, and peanuts, or mix it up by adding almond butter and fresh berries.  

Note: Recipe and blog creator Jessica uses four packets of stevia (or a similar sugar substitute), I've found that one is sufficient for my tastes.

6. For the Gluten-Free Foodie...

Three-Ingredient Revolutionary Pancakes

These ones are admittedly a little bit different than the rest of the list – but that's not a bad thing. Sarah Britton's revolutionary pancakes involve little more than soaking buckwheat (which is gluten-free!) and a grain of your choice overnight. These pancakes are not only simple, they're incredibly adaptogenic, which means that you could add a little vanilla and top them with a pile of fresh fruit...or you could add spirulina to the batter and cashew cream on top.

7. For the Banana-Bread Loving Health Nut...

Banana Oat Buckwheat Pancakes

If there's one thing Kaity, the private chef behind the blog Fare Isle, can do, it's making incredible food out of healthy ingredients. If there's a second thing she can do, it's taking gorgeous photos of that food and posting them on her Instagram. If there's a third...you get the point. Basically, she's amazingly talented.  Top these pancakes with classical maple syrup and berries like she did, and add edible flowers if you're lucky enough to have them.

8. For the one who just clicked on this post for a basic (but fluffy) vegan pancake recipe...

Super Simple Vegan Pancakes

These pancakes may be simpler than the others on the list, but plain vanilla does have its place.  Besides, these are super fluffy, and the simplicity makes it easier to go wild with the toppings.   Kate might top her pancakes with maple syrup, but I've found that everything is better with peanut butter.

Enjoy your weekend (or weekday) pancakes!