Are you getting sick of eating the same old thing in the Bison or the Caf? Well the newest eating spot on campus, the Commons Café, is underrated and has yet to be truly discovered. This dining option offers a wide variety of fresh foods to switch things up every once in a while.

The Commons opens at 7:00 am (if you want that breakfast sandwich before your early morning class) and closes at 11:00 pm (if you want to grab a quick bite before you walk home from the library). Here are 8 different things to try next time you stop by:

1. Basil Mozzarella Lavash

Commons Café

Photo by Charlotte Detwiler

Lavash? Kind of a scary name, but let me tell you this is a hidden treasure. A lavash is a thin flatbread,  covered in melty mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes and a delicious balsamic drizzle. The ratio of all the ingredients is spot on, allowing each flavor and texture to burst in your mouth.

2. Kale and Charred Tomato Panini

Commons Café

Photo by Charlotte Detwiler

This sandwich is surprising, but in a good way. The bread is toasty, crunchy and perfectly grilled. This panini is a combination of sweet from the tomato and bitter from the leafy, green kale. A wonderful, filling, vegetarian option that’s pretty healthy.

3. Chicken Green & Green Burger

Commons Café

Photo by Charlotte Detwiler

Who doesn’t like pesto? This chicken burger is well-cooked, the perfect size and a great source of protein (which can be hard to find on campus).

The green & green topping is basil pesto, spinach and parmesan cheese. The pesto is warm and flavorful, making the dish nice and simple. My suggestion: what if this was made into a panini with a little cheese? I think that would make this burger even more popular.

4. Chicago Style Hot Dog

Commons Café

Photo by Charlotte Detwiler

This hot dog is truly one of a kind in Lewisburg. The actual dog is juicy and meaty with many flavorful toppings including dill pickles, yellow mustard, diced onion, a tomato andsome sweet relish… Def a party in your mouth.

This dog was served on a regular roll, not a hot dog bun, which is a tasty twist. Before the Commons, we could never find a gourmet hot dog like this anywhere.

5. 3 Cheese Melt

Commons Café

Photo by Charlotte Detwiler

I’m calling the shots right now: this is going to be a fan favorite. American, swiss and cheddar cheeses melted between 2 pieces of nutty Multigrain bread… I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.

This melt is defineltly a gourmet grilled cheese, and I am not complaining. The crust is crunchy and the cheese is oozing, what more could you ask for? Maybe just a bowl of tomato soup????

6. Tuscan Pesto Turkey Panini

Commons Café

Photo by Charlotte Detwiler

Already their most popular dish, this panini certainly doesn’t disappoint. It’s the perfect combination of turkey, cheese, pesto, sundried tomatoes and mayo to bring it all together.

The sundried tomatoes add a bit of sophistication to this sandwich, and the crispy bread makes everything in-between taste even better. “I really enjoy the turkey pesto Panini. It melts in your mouth and is delicious” – Libby Warner (’18)

7. Buffalo Bleu Chicken Panini

Commons Café

Photo by Charlotte Detwiler

Everyone loves a little heat. The buffalo sauce and the bleu cheese add a bit of heat, but not too much to set your mouth on fire. This sandwich is light and won’t leave you feeling like you ate a brick.

8. Cowboy Burger

Commons Café

Photo by Charlotte Detwiler

I was blown away by this burger. A nice, meaty, juicy burger topped with onion rings, Carolina BBQ sauce and cheddar cheese. Honestly, it couldn’t get any better. This burger was very filling and a true hearty meal. “I like greasy, filling burgers with different flavors and this one fulfills everything I like.”- Lucas Colagrossi (17).

There you have it, 8 new things to try on your next visit to the Commons. My favorites were the 3 cheese melt, the Kale and Tomato Panini and the Lavash. So many ~hip~ new options to choose from when you make your way up to the Commons.