Being on the quarter system can be tough sometimes. Hopefully most of you are finishing up midterms, and I’m sure all of you are dreaming of summer. As much as we are all excited to go home, travel, and bask in the summer sun, I’ve got to admit, I’m going to miss Denver. Being a first year, I’ve really come to love Denver. Spending the fall getting to know people, the winter skiing, and now that spring is here, hiking and spending as much time with my friends as possible before we all go our separate ways for the summer. My friends and I have begun to make mental lists of the things we need do and the places we need to go before spring quarter ends and we have decided to share it with you all. Here is our bucket list for the last few weeks at the University of Denver.

1. Go Hiking

Photo courtesy of Connor McKeen Productions

Whether or not you’ve been hiking before, it’s such a fun way to spend time with your friends and get away from campus and the city. Head out to Boulder or even try tackling a fourteener. A great one you could try out is Mt. Bierstadt; a 2-3 hour hike up and 2 hour down. Check out this Guide to Colorado’s Fourteeners on 5280 Mag for lots of information if you’re planning to get out there!

2. Get Brunch with Your Crew

Photo by Caroline Painter

Oh how I’ll miss you, Jelly. Before you leave Denver you have to get brunch one last time. Here’s a list of the 7 Best Brunch Spots in Denver for you to check out. Pick your favorite spot and make it happen.

3. Go to a Lacrosse Tailgate

Photo by Natalie Hillman

I know (at least for my friends) sometimes it can be hard to get the motivation to get up and go to a tailgate on a Saturday or Sunday morning. It’s so worth it, though! We were champs last year, who knows what we’ll do this year! Make sure you don’t miss out on the epic-ness that is DU lacrosse games. GO PIOS!

4. Get out Skiing One Last Time

Photo by Emma Pfaff

Arapahoe Basin usually doesn’t close until June so you have no excuse not to get out to the mountains one last time. And spring skiing is so much fun. Plan a fun day to ski with your friends before you head back to the flat land (speaking to my midwest friends).

5. Spend the Day in Wash Park

Photo by Eleanor Challenger

Take advantage of the scorching sun and spend the day in beautiful Washington Park. Personally, I like to spend the day dog watching, but try playing frisbee or roller blading around the park to get some exercise in too. Pick up some snacks from Safeway and head over to the park for a relaxing day in the sun.

6. Hit up Your Favorite Restaurants Around Campus

Photo by Eleanor Challenger

It’s the little things… You know you’re going to miss DU’s staple spots over the summer. Don’t forget to go to Jerusalem’s, Snarfs, and Illegal Petes before time runs out. Check out this list of burger places around DU for some suggestions. *cough* Park Burger *cough*

7. Go to a Concert

Photo by Amelia Schwartz

Coming from Chicago, I still can’t believe how insanely cheap concert tickets are in Denver compared to the Windy City. Take advantage of the amazing artists that come through Denver and the affordability of tickets and go to a concert! Who’s pumped for Disclosure at Red Rocks?!

8. Head out to the Sand Dunes

This one’s definitely at the top of my personal list. Here in Denver we are so lucky to have the Great Sand Dunes National Park only a short road trip away. Make a super fun day out of it with your friends and spend the day hiking and enjoying the sand and sun. You will never forget it.

We are SO blessed to go to school in such an amazing city. Don’t let these last few weeks slip away from you! Make the most of free weekends and get outside whenever the weather is good. Most importantly, spend as much time with your friends because you won’t see them until fall quarter.