You are walking to your next class when suddenly your stomach starts growling. You backtrack to find a cluster of vending machines, but there are too many different choices so you stand there frozen, overwhelmed by everything. Oh, what to do?

Here is how to get the best value for your college budget while satisfying your growling stomach:

1. PopCorners

chip

Photo by Angelica Pan

If you like tortilla chips and popcorn, this is a combination of both. It satisfies your craving for healthy food in a seemingly healthier way. These chips are not fried; but rather, popped. Hence “Pop” in its brand name. The white cheddar flavor is especially delicious, but not overbearing. Also, the chip is pleasantly crunchy despite having a similar taste as popcorn.

2. Munchies

chip

Photo by Angelica Pan

If you are somewhat of an indecisive person, Munchies may be the best choice for you. Munchies has the best of all the different types of chips combined in one. Since Munchies is owned by Frito-Lay, you can experience all the flavors found in Doritos, Rush Gold pretzels and SunChips in just one chip.

3. Hello Panda

chip

Photo by Rosalind Chang

This is a Japanese biscuit snack that has different types of fillings inside (strawberry and chocolate). The biscuit is addicting due to the crunchy initial bite followed by its the smooth butter aftertaste. Also, each biscuit has a cute little panda that is playing a certain sport on it.

4. PopChips

chip

Photo by Rosalind Chang

PopChips have a similar feel to PopCorners, where it seems to be a healthier version of potato chips. However, instead of tasting like popcorn, it tastes more like potato flavored Asian shrimp crackers. PopChips also come in different flavors such as barbeque potato.

5. CornNuts

chip

Photo by Rosalind Chang

You will not be able to stop eating these crunchy corn kernels. Once you pop one into your mouth, this motion does not stop until the bag is finished. Although addicting, CornNuts are not very healthy so do eat in moderation. There are many different flavors including nacho and chile picante.

6. Crunchy Cookie Chips

chip

Photo by Angelica Pan

This snack is for the people who always preferred crunchy chocolate chip cookies to chewy ones. In fact, this snack combines the flavor of a cookie with the crunchiness of a chip together to make this ingenious snack. It is all natural, making it stand out from other cookie competitition. Flavors include, but are not limited to, original chocolate chip and cinnamon sugar.

7. Knott’s Berry Farm Premium Cookies

chip

Photo by Angelica Pan

Imagine having tea or coffee one relaxing afternoon. These are the cookies that you would pair with your sophisticated drink. The buttery cookie is sweetened with different flavored jams in the center. If you want, you even could dip your cookie in the milk for extra flavor.

8. Nutty Rice Bits

chip

Photo by Angelica Pan

This tastes like an upgraded version of rice cakes. The little berries and nuts baked into the bit gives little bursts of flavor when eating in order to add a little flavor to a seemingly bland snack. Rice bits also provide a healthier snacking option than your classic potato chip option. However, be aware that each bag does not hold as much rice bits as you would imagine.