You take a step outside your house and you’ll definitely see a street vendor selling some tasty food. That’s the popularity and craze of street food in India! Street food can said to be the real taste of local cuisine and hardly any Indian will ever say ‘NO’ to it.

If just the name of street food can make your mouth water, then this post is just for you. Here are a few reasons that make street food one of the best and definitely irreplaceable in our lives (and we know you couldn’t agree more!):

1. Blend of All Flavors

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

Sweet, sour, spicy- think of it and your favorite taste will be served on the plate. Street food is full of different flavors from spicy bhelpuri to icy-cold kulfi.                    

2. Sorry, the Item is Unavailable

Photo By Aakanksha Joshi

Photo By Aakanksha Joshi

We all hate hearing these words when we’re about to order our favorite dish in the restaurant. But, this will never happen in case of street food. The chaat-waale bhaiya will always be ready to serve us our order.

3. Cheapest Food You’ll Enjoy

Photo by Yatin

Photo by Yatin Arora

You’ll have to agree with this point. Street food is the best food you’ll get to taste without getting a big hole in your pocket. So, if it’s the end of the month and you can’t pay those heavy bills of restaurant and cafes, street food will always come to your rescue.

4. The Change in Atmosphere

Photo courtesy of eatyourworld.com

Photo Courtesy of eatyourworld.com                                                                           

Open sky, bustling roads and crowd- this is the perfect ambiance of enjoying street food compared to the boring couches and dim lights of the restaurant.

5. Best Option for Visitors

Photo by Mehak Dhawan

Photo by Mehak Dhawan

Traveling to a new city and want to know about its culture? Well, you should definitely taste its street food because it will speak a lot about the city’s tradition.

6. The Feeling of Nostalgia

Indians samosa

Photo by Paavani Jain

Whether you’re a college student or a professional, whenever you’ll eat street food, you’re going to remember those mini-outings every weekend to eat the yummy street food in the town. And who doesn’t love reminiscing the lovely childhood memories.

7. Alternative to Boring Food

Indians pakora tea

Photo by Paavani Jian

Tired of eating the boring hostel/PG food? Well, street food is your cheapest and the most flavorsome option every time your mess disappoints you.

8. Limelight of Every Party

street food

Photo by Mehak Dhawan

Even if you’re a Continental, Chinese or Italian food lover, you’ll have to agree with this point. Every party is incomplete without street food. From pav-bhaji to aalo chaat, street food is always the center of attraction of any wedding or birthday party.

There are infinite reasons to love street food and we could list only some of them here. So, do let us know your reason to love it and remember a street vendor is always waiting for you with a plate of samosa chaat, grab it now!