Whether you are looking for a snack or lunch to go or just want something new, here is our go to list of 8 must try Skidmore eats from D-hall to Burgess to Spa. Check out what you’ve been missing.

1. D-hall cookies

8 Must Try Skidmore Eats

Photo by Maria Glander

Possibly the holy grail of D-hall. These cookies are so scrumptious and buttery. The first time you had one was probably on the Skidmore tour, when you wondered if that was a good enough reason to come to Skidmore. D-hall offers a variety of cookies from M&M to classic chocolate chip. You can’t go wrong with any one of these irresistible cookies. Check out the best chocolate chip cookie recipes here.

2. Homemade Honey Roasted Peanut Butter and Pretzels

8 Must Try Skidmore Eats

Photo by Maria Glander

This is a staple in the world of snacking. Peanut butter is a healthy alternative to all of the junk food that you crave when you hit your 3 pm slump and the pretzels are able to satisfy your salt fix. The best part about this snack is that it’s made fresh by Skidmore’s dining services with the bonus that they use honey roasted peanuts instead of just regular old peanuts. They are available in Burgess, so why not snag one next time to go with your coffee? Click here to find out how else you can have peanut butter for a quick snack.

3. Cider Donuts

8 Must Try Skidmore Eats

Photo by Maria Glander

What other food is more perfect for fall? Cider donuts and pumpkin spice lattes scream fall to us. So when you can’t get yourself to Saratoga Apple or it isn’t Friday yet so the farmers market is not on campus, Burgess’s cider donuts are the next best option. They are still a sweet treat with that perfect combination of sugar and cinnamon. Make your own cider donuts like this –trust us, this is an important life skill to know.

4. Sushi

8 Must Try Skidmore Eats

Photo by Maria Glander

The always fresh sushi is a great pick for grabbing lunch on the go. When you are craving sushi and can’t make it into town, hit up Spa for delicious restaurant quality sushi. They offer a wide variety of sushi including vegetarian options, so there is something for everyone.

5. Pop Corners Chips

8 Must Try Skidmore Eats

Photo by Maria Glander

Not sure if you want chips or popcorn? Well look no further because Popcorners chips gives you the best of both worlds by combining popcorn and chips to make a fantastic creation we never knew we needed. These popcorn chips come in a variety of flavors–from kettle to salt to cheesy jalapeño–and are available in the Spa, so stop by and get some before they’re gone.

6. Battenkill Valley Chocolate Milk

8 Must Try Skidmore Eats

Photo by Maria Glander

Honestly who doesn’t love chocolate milk? This milk is some of the best you’ll ever taste and comes in a glass bottle full of nostalgia in the Spa. Another perk to this milk is that you can bring the bottle back to the Spa for $1.50 refund. Thanks Battenkill for making college kids dreams come true by saving us money and giving us delicious milk one bottle at a time.

7. Bagel with Sunbutter

8 Must Try Skidmore Eats

Photo by Sophie Parks

Found in D-hall is a delicious treat that is a great alternative to peanut butter called Sunbutter. Sunbutter is made from sunflower seeds and is friendly to those with peanut allergies as it contains absolutely no peanuts. A bagel adds some needed crunch and pairs perfectly with the smooth and decadent butter. Just toast it up, slather it on, and you’re good to go.

8. Butternut Squash Ravioli

8 Must Try Skidmore Eats

Photo by Maria Glander

One of the best offerings that D-hall provides is the butternut squash ravioli. Incredibly creamy butternut squash tucked into pillows of ravioli create a match made in heaven. They then top it with fresh Parmesan cheese and herbs. For this dish you may need to consult the D-hall menu to see when this pasta will be gracing d-hall with its presence.