If you still think Maruchan Ramen is the gold standard for instant noodles, prepare to be dazzled. The world of instant noodles is more diverse and flavorful than ever, and after reading this article you'll want to rip open all the different brightly-colored packages and dig right in. Here are eight of the best instant noodles you should be eating that aren't your average Maruchan ramen packet. 

1. Nissin Demae 

103010 - Nissin Demae Ramen (Sesame Oil)

Chevalierusa on Flickr

Nissin Demae's instant noodles come with the unique addition of sesame oil, adding another delicious layer of flavor to the soy and ginger-based broth. 

2. Nissin Donbei Kitsune - Udon

If you're vegetarian, Nissin's Udon may be the instant noodle of your dreams. Each container comes with a piece of fried tofu to soak up the mildly sweet, seafood-inspired broth. 

3. Myojo Ippeichan 

Myojo have proven themselves tasty without being obnoxiously spicy. Each container comes with a surprising little packet of dried cabbage for an pop of color and texture. And the bonus? An drizzle of tangy Japanese mayo atop of bed of soy noodles. 

4. Samyang Ramen - Spicy Chicken 

Samyang Ramen is for 3 am cravings after a long Friday night, when your eyeliner has smudged and all the Burger Kings are closed. Twice the spice = twice the flavor. 

5. Nongshim Shin Ramyun - Gourmet Spicy

Unlike many instant noodles, Nongshim Shin Ramyun has no MSG. Each packet comes with bits of dried shiitake mushroom and scallion floating in a creamy red beef-based broth.

6. Indomie Mi Goreng 

Indomie Mi Goreng has a distinct spice profile compared to its noodle competitors, leaning more towards the savory than just salty side of the spectrum. Each packet comes with crispy fried onions and a separate packet of tongue-tingling chili oil. 

7. MAMA - Tom Yum Flavor 

AKA my childhood in a warm and delicious bed of hot and sour spice. Each package of noodles comes with a separate packet of chili spice to give it some extra heat. Try adding a squeeze of lime to make the noodles extra tangy. 

8. Hao Hao - Shrimp & Onion Flavor 

I can never eat any less than two packages when Hao Hao is staring me right in the face. These Vietnamese noodles reign supreme in the world of instant noodle flavor. Each package of noodles comes with bits of dried carrot and onion, so you can feel "healthy" as you devour the bowl. 

Congratulations, your life is now ruined/blessed. You'll want all of these savory noodles for breakfast, lunch, dinner — probably even for Thanksgiving. Try one or try all, either way, you'll never want to revert to your old Maruchan Ramen ways again now that you know what the best instant noodles are.