So that’s it. After forty-six hours of smiles, tears, dancing, aching feet, inspiration, heartache, hope, and love, THON has come to an end. And we are so proud of you.

Now that it’s over, though, we’re no longer running on the fumes of adrenaline and mild hysteria to keep us upright and conscious. So, after you’ve slept for maybe twelve hours or so, here are eight foods to help fight your fatigue, get you through the day, and maybe even soothe that post-THON depression.

Almonds

Photo by Stephanie Lee

Photo by Stephanie Lee

Almonds are good sources of vitamin E, B, magnesium and iron, which are great energy boosters. Almonds are also easy to find and travel-friendly so you can have them on hand whenever you’re feeling sluggish during the day. Mix in berries for a little extra kick and a tasty trail mix.

Raw Veggies

This one’s ideal for when you’re peckish between meals. Raw vegetables introduce extra enzymes to your system, which makes digestion less work for the body and frees more energy up for you. This is also just a good feel-good food after you’ve been eating anything within arm’s reach for the last few days.

Hot Peppers or Spicy Foods

THON

Photo by Sarah Stroll

Hot peppers are a great wake-up call type of food. They put more oxygen in your veins and really get your blood pumping. Spicy curries or even some ginger tea will also do the trick.

Dark Chocolate

THON

Gif Courtesy of Giphy

Besides being chock-full of healthy antioxidants, chocolate, especially dark chocolate, has a direct, positive correlation to mood (I know it cheers me up.) Great for post-THON depression and cleansing your body of other junk you might’ve eaten.

Bananas

Bananas soothe anxiety, which is good for your frazzled psyche after such an emotionally taxing weekend. Bananas also contain vitamin B6, which helps produce more energy quickly. Again, pairing with berries in a smoothie would be perfect.

Yogurt

THON

Photo by Anna Loh

Besides requiring next to no effort or brain power to consume (straws were made for this,) yogurt’s not solid so it processes faster and therefore produces energy faster than with most solid foods. The energy it gives you is also longer-lasting, so you’ll be good to go.

Salmon

THON

Photo by Yonatan Soler

After a weekend of only standing, your feet are probably sore, right? Try salmon. It’s anti-inflammatory, which will help with the pain, and high in omega-3’s, which reduces pain and inflammation.

Treat Yo’ Self

THON

Gif Courtesy of Giphy

Finally, consider treating yourself to a meal that you wanted all weekend and haven’t had since before preparing for THON. A good, stick-to-your-ribs meal would be good for getting back all that energy that you lost, and treating yourself is a great way to congratulate yourself on a job well done. You’ve earned it.

If you love this, check out these articles: