Finals week is coming up, and there’s no doubt we’re all stressed out of our minds. Avoid eating stress-eating bags of chips and try these study snacks instead. These healthy foods will help keep your stress level low so you can focus on your exams.

1. Nuts

Photo by Sam De Lara

Photo by Sam De Lara

Nuts, especially cashews, almonds and walnuts, are rich in zinc. This is essential in avoiding those infamous finals week anxiety attacks. Noshing on a handful of nuts everyday will help you keep your calm during a stressful week. Learn how to roast nuts for a healthy snack to keep on hand.

2. Salmon

Photo by Sam De Lara

Photo by Sam De Lara

Fatty fish like salmon are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for keeping your stress hormones low. Grab sushi for a quick study break treat or try the easiest baked salmon ever for a quick and simple dinner.

3. Dark Chocolate

Photo by Sam de Lara

Photo by Sam de Lara

As if you needed another reason to eat chocolate. Not only does it have a lot of antioxidants, but it also helps lower blood pressure. That’s right — you now have a scientific reason to eat chocolate. Give this dark chocolate pistachio bark a go, or just grab a bar (70% or higher) and eat it plain.

4. Tea

Photo by Sam de Lara

Photo by Sam de Lara

Everyone knows that green tea can keep you slim, but that’s not the only benefit. The theanine in green tea helps boost your mental performance. It’s way better for you than Red Bull but has enough caffeine to keep you going during finals. You can literally put green tea in everything, as is shown by these matcha recipes.

5. Asparagus

Photo by Sam de Lara

Photo by Sam de Lara

Eating these crunchy green veggies is proven to reduce depression and lessen anxiety, which we all sorely need during these next few weeks. Peak asparagus season falls in April, just in time for finals. Try one of these eleven ways of making asparagus.

6. Avocado

Photo by Sam de Lara

Photo by Sam de Lara

There’s a reason for your obsession with guac. Avocados are rich in Vitamin B, which is a great source of stress relief. Slice up an avocado and put it on toast for a quick pre-final breakfast. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, try these 7 new ways you should be eating avocado.

7. Berries

Photo by Sam de Lara

Photo by Sam de Lara

Rich in memory-boosting antioxidants, berries (especially blueberries), are one of the best finals study snacks out there. Simply freezing blueberries makes a great snack, but these blueberry, oatmeal and flaxseed muffins are the perfect breakfast.

8. Oatmeal

Photo by Sam de Lara

Photo by Sam de Lara

Want to make sure you have a good day? Try a bowl of oats in the morning.

Complex carbohydrates like oatmeal help your brain produce serotonin, the chemical responsible for keeping your moods balanced and making you feel good. No time to sit down for breakfast? Give overnight oatmeal a try for a quick breakfast.

Give yourself more time to study by cooking these quick meals: