Take it from an ex-grape fanatic/abuser: grapes are awesome. I used to eat 2 lbs each day and never tire of them. And at that point, I didn’t even know all of the cool facts about grapes. Cool facts you’re about to learn:
Yeah, this is somehow true. Science explains it; a discipline I don’t really f with. Who cares about particulars when grapes are exploding, though?
2. Raisins (dried grapes) contain just 15% water.
Imagine those nasty lil’ shriveled up thang thangs. (Sorry raisin lovers.) BONUS FACT: It takes more than 4 tons of grapes to produce 1 ton of raisins.
3. Grapes are 80% Water
4. Grapes are classed (in botanical terms) as berries.
When you tell someone this (berry true) fact I bet they’ll challenge you/laugh in your face and say, “No, it’s a fruit!” Really, dude? NO SHIT IT’S A FRUIT. It’s still a berry.
5. The average human consumes 3.6kg’s of grapes a year.
I know she’s eating watermelon not grapes, but I found this gif and it horrified me and I had to add it to this article somehow.
6. Grapes appear in many colors.
Purple, black, red, green, THE RAINBOW.
7. If you eat an excessive amount of grapes they act as a laxative.
Soooo not sure if this is a negative or a positive.
8. Averagely, one acre of grapes makes about 15,000 glasses of wine.
Chug chug chug chug.