Meatloaf is one of the ultimate comfort foods and cure to homesickness. The traditional meatloaf will always be a timeless recipe, but if you’re looking to serve it outside of a family supper or just looking for a fresh take on the classic recipe, here’s ten ideas to inspire you.

1. Make it into mini burritos

Meatloaf

Photo courtesy of pioneersettler.com

Make your meatloaf into a Tex-Mex fiesta by replacing breadcrumbs with tortilla crumbs, adding green chiles and cheese, and wrapping it up into a burrito. Top it off with some avocados and onions for a true fiesta in your mouth.

2. Make it into lasagna

Meatloaf

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

To describe this recipe true to its form, it’s more like a meatloaf lasagna log with the noodles as the bark and meatloaf as the tree trunk. It may look unconventional, but its just lasagna with a lot more meat added into the mix. In other words, it still tastes like a delicious lasagna we know and love.

3. Make it with chicken noodles

Meatloaf

Photo courtesy of healthfulpursuit.com

This is probably one of those recipes that strays far from the traditional meatloaf, but it’s a great recipe if you want to try something new. Not only that, this recipe is your creative solution to the chicken noodles leftover from last night’s dinner.

4. Make it into sliders

Meatloaf

Photo courtesy of foodbeast.com

Meatloaf sliders aren’t a rare sight. They’re not too different from regular sliders besides the fact that the meat is more than a simple patty seasoned with salt and pepper. If you’re looking for something different but slightly familiar, these sliders are the way to go.

5. Make it into a cupcake

Meatloaf

Photo courtesy of pioneersettler.com

Don’t worry, there is no combination of icing and meat in this recipe. It’s a decorative way to do meat and potatoes and a refreshing new take on the classic meatloaf.

6. Bake it in a pumpkin

Meatloaf

Photo courtesy of thetomatotart.com

Save this recipe for your next fancy Halloween party. Personalized and baked in a mini pumpkin, this lamb meatloaf recipe will sure have your guests in awe of your mad cooking skills.

7. Wrap it in bacon

Meatloaf

Photo courtesy of finecooking.com

One of the simplest and foolproof variations you can have on pretty much any dish is to use bacon in some way. You can top it, wrap it, or add it to the loaf for an extra meaty meatloaf.

8. Make it vegetarian

Meatloaf

Photo courtesy of connoisseurusveg.com

Last but not least, the biggest change of them all: the meatless meatloaf. Whether you make it with chickpeas or mushrooms, there’s dozens of ways you can make the change. It perfect for a meatless Monday.