We can all agree that açaí bowls are basically a gift from the gods. Being from the Hawaiian islands, I decided to compile a list of the best açaí bowls in the state so that when you visit you can experience what a real açaí bowl is like. With practically the freshest ingredients in the world, the açaí bowls in the Aloha State are nothing short of perfection.

1. Farmacy Health Bar (Maui)

Acai Bowls

Photo courtesy of Yelp

With two locations in Maui, Farmacy Health Bar is arguably the most popular place on the island to get açaí bowls. They are known for their devotion to using the best organic ingredients in all of their food, as well as having the friendliest staff. With three different sizes to choose from and a variety of toppings such as bananas, blueberries, pineapple and papaya, you can customize your bowl just how you want it.

#SpoonTip: I would recommend getting more tropical fruit such as pineapple, papaya or starfruit because they are known to be local and will be better than anything you can get anywhere else.

Acai Bowls

Photo courtesy of @farmacyhealthbar on Instagram

2. Choice Health Bar (Maui)

Acai Bowls

Photo courtesy of Yelp

Located in Lahaina on the west side of Maui, Choice Health Bar is a popular spot for beach goers and has a variety of açaí bowls to choose from. What I love best about their bowls is that they put a layer of granola on the bottom of the bowl so a granola-lover like me will never run out. They also serve their açaí in beautiful glass bowls that make it possible for you to see all of the magnificent layers and also make for a perfect photo op. My favorite bowls at Choice are definitely the Dessert Sunrise and the Ommango, but you can never go wrong with the OG bowl.

Acai Bowls

Photo courtesy of @tamboracai on Instagram

3. Diamond Head Cove Health Bar (Oahu)

Acai Bowls

Photo courtesy of @iamavychan on Instagram

Diamond Head Cove Health Bar is located in, well, Diamond Head. I cannot rave about Diamond Head Cove Health Bar enough. There’s just something about their açaí and the mix of toppings they add to their bowls. Toppings ranging from their fresh island honey, out-of-this-world granola and bee pollen! Not to mention their Pa’i’ai or poi that comes with their Hawaiian Bowl. If you happen to be on the island of O’ahu and are planning to hike Diamond Head I would highly recommend making time to visit this place for a rewarding post hike treat.

Acai Bowls

Photo courtesy of @cocoyuha0515 on Instagram

4. Haleiwa Bowls (Oahu)

Acai Bowls

Courtesy of @haleiwabowls on Instagram

Haleiwa Bowls is located in Haleiwa on the North Shore of the island of Oahu. While there are countless places to get an acaí bowl in the state of Hawai’i, Haleiwa Bowls may be the most well-known acaí bowl destination in the state. What makes their bowls so incredible is their acaí blend. While some places never seem to get the texture and flavor down right, Haleiwa Bowls has the most delicious and creamy acaí every time.

Acai Bowls

Photo courtesy of @staceylauren

5. Banán (Oahu)

Acai Bowls

Photo courtesy of @blankitinterary on Instagram

Banán is known for using the freshest ingredients and is a dedicated advocate for buying only local produce. They have 7 different base options for your bowl, these include: the classic açaí, liliko’i (also known as passion fruit), banana, green tea, and chocolate macnut. What I loved most about their bowls was the fact that they give you the option to have your bowl served to you in papaya boat. Always the best option, especially if you’re looking to take that Insta-worthy photo. Banán also has a lot of toppings that you can’t find anywhere else such as, macadamia nut honey butter, dark chocolate, puffed quinoa, and macnella (a macadamia chocolate spread thats a spin off of Nutella).

#SpoonTip: I recommend the puffed quinoa, it adds a nice crunch, which is a pleasant variation of the traditional granola you can find at most other places.

6. Aloha Juice Bar (Kauai)

Acai Bowls

Photo courtesy @yeemenlee on Instagram

Located on the beautiful island of Kauai, Aloha Juice Bar is a quaint little cart that serves not only açaí bowls but fresh fruit, juices, frozen chocolate dipped bananas and fresh coconuts. Just a short walk from the white sands of Hanalei Bay, Aloha Juice Bar is the perfect place to grab an açaí bowl for that perfect beach day treat.

Acai Bowls

Photo courtesy of @tayloremackay on Instagram

8. Basik (Hawaii)

Acai Bowls

Photo courtesy of Yelp

Basik Cafe is located in Kailua-Kona on the island of Hawaii, also known as the big island. They have seven different açaí bowls to choose from, each one unique in their own way. The thing that sets Basik apart from the rest is that they choose to top their bowls with nuts such as almonds and cashews and their bowls are simple yet refined.

The next time you find yourself in Hawaiian paradise, make sure you do it right with one of these beautiful bowls.