I know I’m not the only one when I say that not all grocery stores are created equal. On one hand, you have the high-end, fancy, and organic Whole Foods, and on the other hand, you have your neighborhood convenience store, which is good for the basics like bread and boxed mac and cheese. In the middle, however, is one super grocery store, which sells just about every food you could ever want and more. That grocery store is Wegmans Food Market. Unfortunately, Wegmans is a regional chain that has stores only in the northeast part of the United States. Here are 8 of the amazing aisles in Wegmans that prove that this is a grocery store chain that needs to expand across the country.

1. Bakery

Wegmans

Photo by Priya Dhond

Tons of grocery stores around the country have bakeries. But what sets the bakery in Wegmans apart is that it is stocked with more than your classic grocery store white cake with vanilla frosting. There’s a separate cookie aisle with more than 10 varieties of cookies (they even have little gingerbread men in the winter), a table with all different kinds of cupcakes, and even a fridge with delicious and fancy novelties like cannoli dip and fresh lemon bars. My personal favorite: their mini cups filled with chocolate mousse, which are perfect for a mid-afternoon snack or dessert. This bakery is far from ordinary!

2. Pizza

Wegmans

Photo by Priya Dhond

Now here’s one aisle that sets Wegmans apart from other grocery stores, especially the ones on the west coast. At the grocery stores I visit in Southern California, the only pizza they offer is frozen. BUT, at Wegmans, there is a separate pizza counter where you can pick up a pie for your family or even a slice to munch on whilst shopping for groceries (a must if you’re a hungry shopper like me).

Bonus: if you go Saturday or Sunday mornings, you might even score a slice of their breakfast pizza with eggs, sausage, and cheese! Now THAT’S brunch done right!

3. Sushi

Wegmans

Photo by Priya Dhond

I, like most people, get hungry while I shop for groceries. Typically, if I’m at the Ralph’s or Target near my campus, I can only indulge on a bag of chips or a Slim Jim while I shop. Luckily, if I go to Wegmans, I can pick up a tray of sushi. They have classic California rolls along with varieties of sushi, sashimi, and even Gyoza dumplings! My personal favorite is the California roll, which, if you’re lucky and go at the right time, you can see the Wegman’s chefs prepare right in front of you.

4. Ready-made meals

Wegmans

Photo by Priya Dhond

Wegmans is not just a store where you can buy ingredients for recipes, it is a place where you can find freshly prepared, ready made meals! They have everything from Singapore noodles with shrimp to simple (but delicious) macaroni and cheese. The best part? These ready-made trays come in two sizes: single serving bowls and “family pack” sizes made for sharing (although I understand eating the whole thing yourself).

Tip: If you go early enough in the day, around lunchtime or even mid afternoon, you’ll see an even wider selection with bowls of Asian-inspired food and classic pasta dishes! My favorite is definitely their macaroni and cheese!

5. Semi-prepared meats

Wegmans

Photo by Priya Dhond

Barbecuing and grilling meat are staples for a gorgeous summer season. But the problem usually is that making delicious burgers and meat dishes from scratch takes a lot of time (and raw-meat-handling). Luckily for all of us lazy meat-lovers out there, Wegmans has just the fix. While other grocery stores just have trays of raw meat, Wegmans has trays of uncooked meats that are already seasoned and ready-to-cook, from burgers and sliders to trays of chicken parmesan. Like the ready-made meals, these come in two trays—single serve and made for sharing. Let the grilling begin!

6. International

Wegmans

Photo by Priya Dhond

Most of the time, if you wanted to buy udon noodles, Tandoori spice, and bottles of kimchi, you would have to go to several different stores – unless you go to a Wegmans. The international section of Wegmans has foods from all over the world—from India and China to England and Ireland (hello, British candy). Wegmans makes it possible to travel the world without ever leaving home. This is especially helpful for college kids like me who want a change from my usual macaroni and cheese and pizza diet.

7. “The Buzz” Coffee

Wegmans

Photo by Priya Dhond

Gone are the days when the only coffee you could find at the grocery store was Folgers or Maxwell House. At Wegmans, they have a plethora of coffee blends from all over, and with the easy dispenser, you can choose exactly how much you want of each kind. Now you can ditch the expensive coffee stores and learn how to make your own perfect late-night study buddy!

8. “Family pack”

Wegmans

Photo by Priya Dhond

Many people think that the only place to get family-sized packs of food is to go to your local wholesale club. Thankfully, Wegmans makes it easy to pick up ingredients to feed a big family. I know that whenever I visit the grocery stores near my campus, I have to buy multiple packages of the same items just to avoid having to run to the grocery store all the time. However, from their two-packs of white bread, to their 24-box packages of macaroni and cheese (perfect for dressing up as a late-night study snack), Wegmans lets you pick up the everyday essentials so you can cut down on your weekly grocery trips.

As you can see, Wegmans goes above and beyond. Sure, they have the basic items that you need, but what sets Wegmans apart from other grocery stores (especially the ones on the west coast) is its specialized sections that other stores don’t have. Wegmans offers so much more than just bread and eggs, which proves that it is a grocery store chain that definitely needs to expand all over the United States!