Fennel is an aromatic herb that belongs to the parsley family and it is an essential ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine. However, it is also often used as an addition to salads or as a mouth-freshener after meals.

Check out these seven amazing health benefits of fennel seeds.

1. Improve Your Complexion

Fennel seeds

Fennel seeds have a cooling effect on the skin, soothing inflammation and irritation. They also treat acne and make your skin look youthful. By providing your body with minerals like iron and zinc, fennel seeds help maintain the oxygen balance of your skin.

2. Cure Free Radical Reactions

Fennel seeds

Antioxidants essentially help the atoms in your body relax, and lucky for you, these seeds contain plenty of them.

Antioxidants help cure free radical reactions in the body, which are basically reactions that could eventually cause sickness and disease in the future. In particular, fennel seeds contain kaemoferol and quercetin, which are known to prevent degenerative reactions.

3. Produce Red Blood Cells

Fennel seeds

Red blood cells help deliver oxygen to various parts of your body. Copper, which is present in fennel seeds, is an essential mineral that your body needs to produce red blood cells.

All in all, fennel seeds make sure all of your organs are breathing and alive.

4. Regulate Blood Pressure

Fennel seeds

Anxiety and tension often cause high blood pressure, and almost everyone encounters some level of tension on a daily basis. The potassium in fennel seeds helps maintain your blood pressure and regulate your heart rate, keeping you calm and composed so you can tackle whatever life throws at you.

5. Help Maintain Bone Health

Fennel seeds

Studies have shown that fennel seeds may help prevent osteoporosis. They supposedly have the ability to prevent the production and activity of bone-destroying cells, making them an excellent addition to you diet.

6. Burn Fat

Fennel seeds

Taking fennel seeds on a regular basis can actually help you burn fat. A mixture with 1/2 a teaspoon of ginger powder, 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of dry fennel seeds with 1 liter of water can have powerful effects on your body.

#SpoonTip: Drink this everyday and you are guaranteed to see a noticeable difference.

7. Provide Vitamins and Minerals

Fennel seeds

Fennel seeds are a good source of potassium, vitamin C, iron and folic acid. These vitamins and minerals reduce the risk of anaemia and other immunity issues for women. Drinking fennel-based tea twice a day also helps clear toxins from the body.

Fennel seeds

As you can see, fennel seeds present many benefits for your skin and overall health. They are easy to eat and contain a good amount of fiber, making them a valuable addition to your diet.