It is pretty much inevitable—some (most) mornings, you won't have time to make it to the dining hall before class, and you'll need to whip up something quick in your dorm room. While the classic granola bar or Pop Tart is great for grab and go, if you keep a few key ingredients on hand, you can make a delicious, high-quality breakfast in no time. With all of the stress and chaos of college, it's important to try and start off your day on a positive note. One of my favorite ways to do this is by actually making a filling, healthy breakfast. Pick up these seven Trader Joe's breakfast staples to bring your breakfast game to the next level! 

1. Greek Yogurt

Trader Joe's has such a great selection of yogurt—all kinds of flavors and types, so you are guaranteed to find what you're craving. The single serve ones are small enough to fit in your mini fridge, and they will usually keep for weeks at a time. Add in toppings of your choice, grab a spoon, and you're out the door. Check out this guide to TJ's greek yogurt for an in depth breakdown. 

Rachel Singleton

2. Granola

This is a great to add on-top of the aforementioned yogurt for some added crunch. Trader Joe's offers a wide variety, but my personal favorites would definitely be the organic Toasted Coconut Granola (which is gluten free!) or the Almond Butter granola. 

Rachel Singleton

3. Oatmeal

I usually have a bag of Trader Joe's Rolled Oats on hand, but they also sell single serve packets. The Pecan Pumpkin is delicious and perfect to get you in the fall spirit. Top with nut butter and apple or banana and you have yourself a delicious and sophisticated dorm breakfast. 

Rachel Singleton

4. Frozen Berries

Frozen fruit is perfect to put on top of your oatmeal or yogurt for added flavor and freshness. The biggest plus side is that they won't go bad nearly as quickly as fresh berries. And, if you have access to a blender, they are great to throw into smoothies. Enough said.

Rachel Singleton

5. Nut Butter

Trader Joe's has the best selection of nut butters. Both their almond and peanut butters are great to have at all times. Whether you stir it into oatmeal or use it for dipping, a nut butter is super versatile for breakfast creations. Also, Trader Joe's Nut Butter won't break your bank.

Spoon tip: keep refrigerated after opening for a thicker, easier to spread texture.

almond butter, spoonful, almonds, Crunchy, Nut butter
Julia Gilman

6. Granola Bars and Protein Bars

Trader Joe's sells bars from name brands like Cliff, Power Crunch, and ThinkThin, but they also have a great selection of snack bars themselves. The newer ABC bars are delicious—the creamy almond butter inside is a nice touch. The date bars are also great to grab and eat on your walk to class. TJ's pretty much has a bar out there for everyone.

Rachel Singleton

7. Hard Boiled Eggs  

Hard boiled eggs are a perfect, quick option to grab in the morning (if your roommate won't mind the interesting smell), and will leave you full for a long time. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper and you've got yourself a healthy, simple, high-protein breakfast.

Rachel Singleton

Be sure to check out your local Trader Joe's to pick up these essentials. Breakfast can still be fun and delicious, even in your dorm room—you just gotta get creative!