We all love caffeine. When it comes to school, work, and our social lives, sometimes we need a little extra something to fuel our bodies. Whether that be Red Bull, chocolate, tea, or a morning cup of joe, we all find some way to fulfill our caffeine needs. 

Starbucks has become a powerhouse in the coffee industry. Founded in Seattle, Washington, the chain has now spread to 23,768 locations worldwide. That's a lot of coffee. But how much of this coffee is actually good for you? Many of their drinks can be 400+ calories. However, here are seven drinks to order when you're looking for a healthier beverage.  

1. Iced Coffee

coffee, tea, beer, chocolate
Amelia Hitchens

After spending way too much time ordering way too many drinks, I decided to try iced coffee first. This classic option is only five calories, and one of my favorites. It's a perfect drink for when you're headed to the pool, class, or really any event. For those of you with a bit of a sweet tooth, have no fear. You can order this drink “lightly sweetened” for just 60 calories. 

2. Freshly Brewed Coffee

tea, coffee, milk
Amelia Hitchens

Need some extra motivation to get out of bed for your morning classes? Try Iced Coffee's sister, Freshly Brewed Coffee! Whether you prefer a blonde roast or dark roast, both options are just five calories and will give you the energy to start your day, especially when it's cold outside.

3. Cold Brew Coffee

coffee, tea, ice, beer
Amelia Hitchens

Not to be mistaken with iced coffee, cold brew coffee is a slow-steeped drink that is less that five calories. I decided to try this drink without any creme or sweetener, but adding a little milk to this caffeinated delight will bring it to just 25 calories and give it a much sweeter taste.

4. Double-Shot on Ice

milk, cream, yogurt, ice, sweet, coffee, milkshake
Amelia Hitchens

As this was the fourth drink I ordered, the barista was a little concerned for my sanity (and excessive caffeine intake). At his suggestion, I decided to order this drink with some added milk. Adding some 2% milk into the mix for a creamier flavor won’t even break 70 calories, but you can also order it with water instead. 

5. Caramel Frappuccino

coffee, milk, cream
Amelia Hitchens

Really? Yes, I was shocked too. Thank the coffee gods a little extra because this classic frozen beverage is just 100 calories if you order it “light.” I love this drink because it's basically a caffeinated milkshake. It's always my go-to drink in the summer.

6. Full Leaf Brewed Tea 

coffee, milk, espresso, cappuccino, chocolate
Amelia Hitchens

I'm not much of a tea person, but Starbucks offers full leaf brewed tea for 0 CALORIES. Whether you drink tea for the energy boost or to maintain your zen, Starbucks has you covered (and it's delicious!)

7. Teavana Shaken Iced Tea

Talk about the perfect summertime poolside beverage. Starbucks offers 60 calories of pure enjoyment with these iced teas. Passion tango, classic black, or green teas are all low-calorie options that will brighten your day. 

It’s also important to remember that size matters. Ordering an 8-oz drink is a lot different than a 30-oz drink. Venti or Trenta drinks can be a bit excessive when you're trying to stick with healthier drinks. I also don't recommend drinking all of them at once (like I did) because then you'll be up all night (like I was). For more information, check out this cool article on how to cut down calories at Starbucks