From the telephone to the wheel, people who push the envelope and think outside the box are those who invent the most innovative and important products in our lives. These wacky kitchen gadgets probably won’t revolutionize the world, but they definitely show us that there is still a spark of ingenuity out there.

1. The Dipr

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of thedipr.com

For just $2.99 you’ll never have to get your fingers wet while dunking your cookies again. With 5 different colours, and even characters coming soon, what more can you ask for? Also, check out their other product, the dunkr.

2. One Click Butter Cutter

kitchen gadgets

Photo courteys of oneclickbuttercutter.com

This product is literally just a pepper grinder for butter. Imagine a server coming up to you with it and asking, “Would you like some butter with those pancakes?”

3. NHOT Heat Sensitive Mug

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of perpetualkid.com

Have you ever taken a sip from your mug, thinking your coffee has cooled down enough, and burnt your tongue? This heat sensitive mug will literally tell you if your bev is hot or not. The future is now people…

4. Banana Slicer

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of hutzlerco.com

Cutting up your bananas can be hard work—if you’re arthritic—but never fear, the banana slicer is here. This banana slicing beauty can cut your bananas into perfectly even slices in one swift move.

5. Party People Chopsticks

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of perpetualkid.com

These are chopsticks for dummies. They’ll teach you to use chopsticks like a pro, without actually using chopsticks.

6. Smart Knife

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Like something straight out of a video game, this high-tech knife would be able to detect the freshness, amongst other things, of the food it cuts into. Although it’s still in development, this product makes our list for its originality.

7. Zero Gravity Magnetic Spice Rack

kitchen gadgets

Photo courtesy of zevro.com

Why take up space in your cupboards with all your spice and herb containers when you can put them on this cool gravity-defying rack? You’ll never have to pull your hair out looking for that spice at the back of your cupboard ever again.

kitchen gadgets

Gif courtesy of reactiongifs.com

For more wacky and weird kitchen gadgets, check these out: