I have such an immense love for food that only some will really understand. There are only some emotions that we all inhibit as a strong foodie community — we’re passionate, and we’re not afraid to show it. If you’re a true foodie, everyone knows the key to your heart is through your stomach. Find out if you’re legit.

1. You make “weird” concoctions in your head and your friends judge you… or love you

food

What? Concoctions? My recent concoction that I have been thanking the food gods every day for is the mix of Sriracha with Alfredo. I know, take a minute, and let’s think this through.

I was in line looking at the menu at the Bread Factory Cafe in New York City, and their made-to-order pasta looked amazing. I looked at all the possible ingredients and ultimately got Alfredo pasta with chicken.

At the final possible moment, I blurted out “with siracha please,” and I haven’t looked back ever since. You make these different concoctions and your friends might judge you, but you elevate your palette to the next level.

2. Instagram is your personal food heaven, and food accounts are your real friends

food

Photo courtesy of @moodyfoodyadventures on Instagram

After your usual scrolling, it’s time to hit the explore button. You can spend hours on any food Instagram and drool forever without any shame. You love taking pleasure in all the different aesthetic food pictures out there, especially the ones with a juicy burger, a pair of sunglasses, and five other unrelated food things, but that burger has your heart… I mean, your eyes.

3. Taking a picture of your food is a rite of passage… to eating, and they know it

food

Did you really even eat your food if you didn’t take 5 different pictures with 5 different angles? I didn’t think so. Your friends know they can’t even begin to eat their food until you’ve been up in their grill and taken a picture of all their food, and only then can the eating commence.

Let’s be real, you’ve mastered your go–to angles and your filter of choice, and voila, you’ve got your picture and can eat in peace. You’ve even done your research on all the different steps to getting those likes.

4. Watching food videos online sound better than getting out of bed to eat

What’s the point of going on Facebook? To watch those quick 1-minute videos that can fit a whole recipe. When you’re in class and the professor is talking about derivatives, it’s time to initiate the food watching process. These videos are so addictive that you are ready to make spaghetti squash the minute you get home.

5. Your significant other knows the mistress will always come first… food

food

Your boyfriend or girlfriend already knows the drill, there’s no such thing as a date without food. Why even hang out if eating isn’t part of the plan? The sooner they understand, the sooner they have the key to your stomach… I mean heart.

6. You drag your friends to Chipotle because you have waited long enough

food

You took a real blow to the heart when you found out about Chipotle. But the time has come, and the light has shone at the end of the tunnel. Chipotle’s gates are a-okay and you’re ready for the extra charge on guac. The addiction is very much real.

7. Your day revolves around your next meal

food

Oh, you’re full from lunch? That’s okay, because within the next hour, you’ll be wondering what’s for dinner. It’s as simple as that: food is your life. You breathe it, you need it, and you can’t live without it.

But it goes deeper than that. Food is your soulmate, and no one will understand that relationship better than your stomach and your food. That’s a little something called true love.