No matter how great your dining hall food is at college (and it probably isn't), a home-cooked meal is irreplaceable. These are some of the best authentic mom tasting recipes I have found in my Pinterest travels, so try one this thanksgiving break:

1. Turtle Chocolate Cake

This is the best cake known to man. I do not exaggerate. It is loaded with caramel, chocolate, pecans and yummy goodness. I have made this recipe twice and it takes a lot of time, but since you're only home from college for a week and your mom missed you so much, I am sure she will want to join in and help you.

2. Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Personally, I will not wake up before 11 am while I can sleep in my queen-sized bed. This recipe will change that though. These are the most delicious pancakes I've ever had. The recipe is super easy to do and it combines two amazing carbs, which is a win-win. It's hard to get in a good breakfast when you sleep through three alarms every morning at college, so take advantage!

3. Funeral Potatoes 

Nothing says home like mashed potatoes and these are the next best thing. Crunchy, creamy and decadent, these are a must for your college break. Please disregard the name, because these create the happiest of times. Get these on your thanksgiving dinner table ASAP!

4. Apple Pie Bread Pudding

Praise my favorite year-round dessert and my favorite holiday for having this baby. The holidays are for pie and spending time with others, but if I were you, I would not share any of this with your loved ones. No matter how awesome they are, college gave you sub-par desserts. You deserve this.

5. Mac and Cheese (With a Twist)

This recipe has classic flavors that we can get on a college campus, but with a home-cooked feel. Nothing compares to Netflix and Mac and Cheese so please give this recipe a shot. In terms of what show to watch with it, I am a big fan of Gilmore Girls. 

Vegetarian? Do without the chicken, the flavors are what matter.

6. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

Small anecdote: my mom used to call this sweet bread because as a kid, I would not eat anything that even slightly resembled a fruit or vegetable or healthy item. This is one of my favorite baked goods for around the holidays. Bake a few loafs and bring one back to college for yourself (and friends?).

7. Spinach and Artichoke Ravioli Bake

Everyone loves Spin dip, right? Well, this recipe takes it to the next level, making one of the most delicious recipes ever. Quick and easy if you are spending dinner with the parents and meeting up with the hometown homies after. We all know we pack way too much into a week home from college.

#SpoonTip: Make it into lasagna if you want it (a tiny bit) lighter. Just swap out the ravioli for lasagna noodles!

Thanksgiving is a precious holiday to all foodies because it's a day dedicated to food, followed by days dedicated to leftovers. Enjoy the company of friends and family while stuffing your face because it doesn't count towards the Freshman 15 if we aren't actually in college, right?