It’s crunch time and you need that caffeine fix to get through the pain of midterms, finals, or what have you. We all know you’re tired of ordering the same, boring drink every single time. Luckily, these innovative coffee brews are so creatively delicious that you’ll have no problem saying goodbye to that lame latte. If you’re bored with drinking your coffee, try this instead.

Espresso Milkshake

coffee

Photo by Lyndsi Ibarra

I know you thought you and that frat star were a match made in heaven, but that was before you discovered an even more beautiful combination of espresso and ice cream. There is simply no resisting the blended bliss of espresso milkshakes. The fusion of crunchy espresso beans mixed together with the rich taste of vanilla ice cream will leave you wondering why you never thought of this genius idea yourself.

Cold Brew Coffee Float

coffee

Photo by Lyndsi Ibarra

You can never go wrong with the smooth taste in a nice glass of cold brew. Top it off with a scoop of soft ice cream and you might be cutting ties with the usual cream and sugar for good. As the ice cream slowly melts into the coffee, every sip becomes the perfect balance of sweet and roast-y. It’s the ultimate adult twist on a traditional root beer float, only this one will help power through that afternoon slump. If you want to step up your iced coffee game even more, try these tips.

Mint Mojito Iced Coffee

coffee

Photo by Lyndsi Ibarra

This signature Nor-Cal coffee drink will make you wish you lived inside of a Philz Coffee. No bar on this planet makes a mint mojito this good. Although the idea of fresh muddled mint seems reserved for detox waters, your taste buds will thank you for taking a risk. The mint additive really compliments the sweet and creamy base of this one-of-a-kind coffee.

Café con Horchata

coffee

Photo courtesy of @lalalyndsi from Instagram

It might be on the other side of the Mexican border, but Roast Coach in the Gaslamp District of San Diego is doing horchata right. This coffee concoction mixes the bold taste of cold brew coffee with the sweet and spicy kick of horchata, a cinnamon rice milk beverage. If you’re a fan of the dirty chai, café con horchata is like its delicious Mexican cousin. If you’re debating on switching up your routine even more, this is why cold brew is even better.

Affogato

coffee

Photo by Lyndsi Ibarra

If diabetes didn’t exist, coffee lovers would turn to affogato for dessert every single night. There’s just nothing like a perfect pile of creamy gelato topped off with a steamy shot of espresso. The contrasting temperatures and flavors of the sweet, frozen gelato and the bitter, boiling espresso create the perfect equilibrium.

Espresso Tonic

coffee

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

It’s like an iced coffee, but with a kick. Icy espresso mixed with the bubbly fiz of soda water creates a cool combination that stimulates both your mind and your tastebuds. Once your usual iced americano starts to get a little boring, an espresso tonic will help you fall in love with coffee all over again.

Café Viennois

coffee

Photo by Lyndsi Ibarra

Who says whipped cream is only for hot chocolate? A simple espresso topped with whipped cream, this European favorite is the perfect balance of bold and creamy. The combination of strong espresso and fluffy topping creates a beautiful equilibrium. This fine drink can be enjoyed hot or iced, but both are equally delicious. If you’re feeling inspired and want to become an expert in coffee tasting, we’ve got you covered.