We all have experienced the effects of alcohol after a good night out. If that is what you are going through right now, hopefully these foods will help take those symptoms away.

1. Bananas

raging hangover

Photo by Abigail Wang

Potassium is the key word. Bananas are a great source of potassium which is drained from your body every time you have to pee when you are out drinking. By eating a banana, you are replenishing your body with all the potassium that was, annoyingly might I add, lost in your constant trips to the bathroom last night.

2. Eggs

raging hangover

Photo by Rebecca Wang

They are full of amino acids like Cysteine and Taurine that break down the alcohol’s toxins. Cysteine breaks down the chemicals that cause the nasty headaches we all dread the morning after a night on the town, and taurine boots liver function so maybe this will give you better odds in the future.

3. Ginger

raging hangover

Photo courtesy of rosacuca.com.br

If you haven’t heard the story behind ginger’s stomach healing powers then you’ve been missing out. Ginger has a long history of being able to prevent and help cure an upset stomach, which might be the key to helping that morning sickness go away.

4. Crackers and Honey

raging hangover

Gif courtesy of gifyt.com

Crackers are a form of a bland carb, which can help raise low blood sugar levels as a result of drinking, and if you drizzle some fructose loaded honey on top, it will help your body fight the remaining alcohol out of your system a little faster.

5. Chicken Noodle Soup

raging hangover

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Now who doesn’t love chicken noodle soup? Well, it just got a little bit better. Although not the most conventional hangover food, it will help re-load your body’s sodium and water levels, reducing the symptoms of that hangover.

6. Avocado

raging hangover

Photo by Samantha Thayer

Maybe you aren’t a big banana fan (I’m not either), don’t worry because we have avocados. They are also rich in potassium and are just as helpful in re-hydrating you. Avocados can help restore the sodium and potassium balance that you lost last night every trip to the bathroom.

7. Tomatoes

raging hangover

Photo by Paulina Lam

This seems strange (I thought so too), but tomatoes are a water-based food that will help re-hydrate you, taking away that horrible headache. The best part is you can toss them on top of those eggs you just made, maybe even add a little avocado, and call it the ultimate hangover cure.

Hopefully you are feeling better already!