Some may say that certain celebrities are blessed with good genetics or a fast metabolism that gives them the long, lean body that everybody wants. What you don’t see on the runway or on the silver screen are the many hours of care and what they put into their body.

Many models and actresses have adopted a vegan diet whether for environmental, health, or personal reasons. Take a look at some famous names that have adopted a plant-based lifestyle.

1. Natalie Portman

vegan celebrities

Photo courtesy of @natalieportmanlove on Instagram

Portman became a vegetarian when she was 8 year old after witnessing a laser surgery on a chicken at a medical conference with her father. In 2009, after being vegetarian for 21 years, she became vegan after reading Jonathan Safran Foer’s Eating Animals. She even launched her own brand of vegan footwear in 2007.

2. Bridget Malcolm

vegan celebrities

Photo courtesy of @bridgetmalcolm on Instagram

Bridget Malcolm is an Australian model who is an angel for animals as well as being a Victoria’s Secret Angel on the runway. In addition to her plant-based diet, Malcolm also trains everyday, for which she’s been body shamed. She brushes off theses comments and continues with her unrestrictive plant-based diet of fruits, veggies, and green juices that she loves. Malcolm looks up to vegan fashion designer, Stella McCartney, hoping to start her own line of ethical fashion one day.

3. Christie Brinkley

vegan celebrities

Photo courtesy of @bellissimaprosecco on Instagram

Age-defying 61 year old Christie Brinkley credits her lifelong adherence to a vegan diet for her youthful looks. Brinkley decided to go vegetarian at the age of 13 after reading a “very graphic” slaughterhouse scene from Norman Mailer’s Miami and the Siege of Chicago. However, she occasionally cheats on her diet with oysters. She is also the owner of her own line of vegan skincare. Later this summer, she will release her own line of rosé wines. Maybe it’s her love of rosé that is her secret fountain of youth? Either way, she should keep up what she’s doing.

4. Olivia Wilde

vegan celebrities

Photo courtesy of @olivia_wilde_fanclub on Instagram

Wilde has been a vegetarian since the age of 12 and considered herself a pescatarian in 2011. She does not believe in restrictive diets, and believes that eating should be a way of life that makes you feel good about yourself. She doesn’t understand why someone would restrict themselves from eating gluten, saying that “you are distancing yourself from the beauty, and art of food.”

5. Alicia Silverstone

vegan celebrities

Photo courtesy of @aliciasilverstone on Instagram

You may know Alicia Silverstone as Cher from Clueless. Not only does she love fashion, but she is avid animal lover as well. Silverstone became vegetarian when she was 12 years old. At age 18, when she was battling severe asthma, insomnia, acne, and constipation, and switched to a vegan diet. She now talks openly about how veganism has transformed her health for the better. Her passion and discovery led her to create a vegan cookbook called The Kind Diet. She also has a lifestyle website called The Kind Life, where she blogs about her vegan lifestyle.

6. Jenna Dewan

vegan celebrities

Photo courtesy of @jennaldewan on Instagram

Channing Tatum’s wife, Jenna Dewan’s diet is the complete opposite of her meat and bbq loving husband. She states that going vegan cleared her skin and she gained more energy with more mental clarity. Jenna also starred in a campaign titled “Leave Wildlife Out of Your Wardrobe,” urging consumers not to purchase clothing or accessories made from animal skins. Currently, she is a busy mom caring for her one year daughter. Dewan says that he is going to let her daughter decide her food choices later in life.

7. Demi Moore

vegan celebrities

Photo courtesy of @demimoorefanpage on Instagram

At 53, Demi Moore looks better than people half her age. She is one of the few celebs that follows a raw vegan diet that consists of mostly raw fruits and vegetables with no cooked foods. Although she has a bikini bod that 20-somethings are envious of, Moore has honestly admitted that she still struggles with issues surrounding body image and weight. However, she still believes that real happiness starts with loving and accepting your body while maintaining your health.