Fall is arguably one of the best seasons of the year. Am I right? Not only does the weather get cooler and the leaves change color, but some of the best fall specials hit the shelves of all the best pastry and coffee shops. If you want to try some last minute fall treats that aren’t pumpkin spice before the winter hits, then why not find one of these awesome alternatives:

1. The Toasted Graham Latte

fall

Photo by Daniela Fortich

If you’re not a big pumpkin fan, then this is the drink for you. This heavenly drink tastes as if you were roasting marshmallows at a bonfire. The flavor of the graham cracker is so pleasantly obvious in your mouth that it will basically hypnotize you to get a second drink. Seriously, I had to buy a second.

Finally Starbucks got the hint that not everyone likes pumpkin in their drink and gave us a great alternative that could be arguably be considered one of the best drinks they have on the menu.

2. Biscotto (Speculoos Cookie) Gelato

fall

Photo by Daniela Fortich

Before it turns to bitter winter, you should cool down with this incredible ice cream from Amorino’s located in Chelsea, NY. This very impressive gelato is not only a sight for sore eyes, but will also leave your belly happy. It literally tastes as if you were eating a cinnamon crumb cake. Do I hear a “yum?”

The cinnamon of the treat makes you remember all of the greatest holidays of the season and gives you a sense of happiness. You can enjoy this sweet, rose shaped treat while you explore the beautiful streets of downtown New York.

3. Iced Pumpkin Macchiato

fall

Photo by Daniela Fortich

During those fall mornings where you just can’t seem to get out of bed and need a serious energy boost, this cup of coffee is the perfect remedy. Available as a hot and cold beverage, Dunkin Donut’s macchiato is filled with new and familiar fall flavors like the classic pumpkin spice.

From the very first sip, pumpkin cinnamon spice erupts in your mouth. Once you are able to move past the rich flavors of pumpkin and cinnamon, you are overcome with a sudden burst of energy from the espresso. This drink is a perfect start to your day.

4. Pumpkin Crumb Cake

fall

Photo by Daniela Fortich

For those who don’t like pumpkin, don’t let the name scare you away from trying this delectable pastry. This little piece of heaven can be found at any Au Bon Café and is the definition of all that is great about the season. The slight hints of pumpkin in the dessert are complimented by the addition of the cinnamon. This little bad boy will have you breaking your relationship with your diet and indulging in two, or six, of them.

5. The Pear Tart

fall

Photo by Jackie Fortich

For those of you who aren’t as sugar crazed as others, this is the treat for you. The subtleness of the pear will have your tastebuds falling in love. The perfection of the crust will have your mouth watering and it just so happens that it comes in a bigger portion so you don’t have to fight over the last bite. This is definitely a unique alternative to the standard apple tart and is available at Cannelle Patisserie.

6. The Expresso

fall

Photo by Jackie Fortich

This chocolate paradise breaks the typical stereotype that all fall treats have to be associated with pumpkin. From the very first bite, this delight bursts bubbles of chocolate expresso. This tiny cake is so good that in the blink of an eye, you’ll be left in confusion and wondering where your cake went. The best thing about this cake is you can get it when you stop to get the Pear tart, at Cannelle Patisserie.

7. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

fall

Photo by Caitlin McCreight

These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are not only a fun change to the boring muffins that you are so tired of getting, but they are also pretty easy to make. The combination of the pumpkin and the chocolate chips are so good that it’ll have you questioning why these heaven sent muffins aren’t the market shelf everyday of the year. Every bite of these muffins makes you really enjoy everything about the season. These fun treats are perfect for any holiday and will be the rave of the party.