Some nights call for a bottle of wine and a Netflix marathon. But sometimes we don’t finish the entire bottle. Unfortunately, half empty bottles of wine starting turn sour waaay faster than we want them to. So put your leftover wine to good use with these quick, easy recipes.

1. White Wine Pasta Sauce

wine

Photo by Michelle Loret de Mola

Leftover wine makes for amazing pasta sauces, such as pasta with white wine and porcini mushrooms. When you cook down wine, it gets rid of that sour taste, so the sauce is light and flavorful. You only need one cup of white wine for this dish, so it’s a great excuse to enjoy most of the bottle the night before.

2. Wine Smoothie

wine

Photo courtesy of Flickr

When wine has been around for a few days, it may be a little too acidic to drink on it’s own. So try making a smoothie that uses chocolate, berries and honey to sweeten it, masking any bitter flavors. Plus, you still get to enjoy the wine without cooking down the alcohol.

3. Red Wine Cupcakes

wine

Photo by Caty Schnack

Baking wine is an amazing way to put the leftovers to good use, including its fruity flavors and deep red color. Plus, who doesn’t love wine and chocolate? Bake them together, and try making red wine chocolate cupcakes for an awesome dessert.

4. Fish Sauce

wine

Photo by Chris Roman

Wine sauces instantly upgrade any dish, impressing your dinner date. Try making a duck breast salad with white wine pear sauce. The sauce is super simple – made with wine, pears, honey and lemon juice – and you can easily cook the meat right in the sauce. Be sure to Instagram that classy dish before digging in.

5. Traditional Charoset

wine

Photo courtesy of Flickr

This tasty side dish is not just for Passover. Make a flavorful charoset, which is a chopped apple and walnut salad, soaked in red wine and spices. Use as much or as little wine as you have left in the bottle.

6. Salad Dressing

wine

Photo by Katie Walsh

Who needs a bottle of Ken’s dressing when you can make your own delicious vinaigrette from leftover wine? Mix up a few tablespoons of wine with equal parts oil, shallots, salt, pepper and honey. Top off your favorite salad mix with your leftover wine vinaigrette, and never feel guilty for not finishing the bottle again.

7. Soup Broth

wine

Photo by Kelly Logan

Many soup recipes call for a beef bouillon cube, but a great alternative is a few tablespoons of old red wine. The acidity and color are a perfect way to mimic the flavors from beef, while making use of your leftover wine. Plus, your vegetarian friends with love this sneaky alternative to beef. Try making French onion soup grilled cheese, subbing broth for red wine.