Do you love spicy seafood? If so, then New Orleans is definitely the place for you. With sights to see and, clearly, plenty of good eats, New Orleans can give you quite the exciting visit. NOLA not only has great seafood and King Cakes, but a myriad of other awesome foods. Here are some cool eateries to check out when in New Orleans:

1. Compère Lapin

New Orleans

Photo courtesy of photos.nola.com

Compère Lapin is a great place to dine with friends and family if your group is looking for a chic spot for brunch, lunch, or dinner. Inspiration from their menu supposedly comes from the traditional Caribbean folktales about a rabbit that the restaurant’s chef, Nina Compton, read about as a child. Having marinated shrimp and incredible-looking mimosas on the menu sure can’t hurt their business, either.

2. Primitivo

New Orleans

Photo courtesy of theneworleansadvocate.com

Primitivo has an extensive spread of grog and grub, and even serves cocktails on tap. Yeah, you heard that right. The dining area is based around a giant fire pit and is lit by natural light.

3. McClure’s at NOLA Brewing

New Orleans

Photo courtesy of nola.eater.com

McClure’s at NOLA Brewing is a cheerfully decorated spot for two American favorites: barbecue and beer. If you’re looking for amazing ribs, pulled pork, chicken, or brisket while in NOLA, check out their menu here.

4. Willa Jean

New Orleans

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

With an elegant, modern vibe, Willa Jean has just the southern-style food that people head to NOLA for. Hot buttered crawfish, fried chicken, corn and crab fritters, incredible desserts… need I say more?

5. The Company Burger

New Orleans

Photo courtesy of lionandmaven.com

To the burger lovers looking for a classic meal, The Company Burger offers your favorite American classics and southern-style sides. They also sell a variety of milkshakes, wines, cocktails, and beers.

6. Kenton’s

New Orleans

Photo courtesy of uptownmessenger.com

For the whiskey lovers, Kenton’s Food and Bourbon is a whiskey bar and grill with incredible grilled, charred and smoke-flavored food. They also serve oysters for the seafood fans. Sound like your scene?

7. Killer Poboys

New Orleans

Photo courtesy of bonappetit.com

This restaurant has two locations in New Orleans with an assortment of tasty sandwiches. The vibrant colors and southern sandwiches make for a great time and an even greater meal at Killer Poboys.