Find yourself craving a lighter-than-air pastry topped with glaze? You're in luck, because National Doughnut Day is right around the corner and this is your chance to eat more "hole" foods. On November 5, make sure to celebrate National Doughnut Day right by devouring these puffy, delicious pastries at some of Austin's best places.

1. Voodoo Doughnuts

A trip to Voodoo Doughnuts on 6th Street is a must on this national holiday. Voodoo's is home to creative flavors such as bubblegum, and their Captain Crunch doughnut will make you reminisce on your favorite childhood cereal. Don't forget to try the variety of other interesting flavors and enjoy the hip, pink atmosphere. 

2. Gourdough's

Whether you are looking for a dessert or a meal, Gourdough's is the perfect place to celebrate National Doughnut Day. This place is a famous stop for both Austinites and out-of-towners alike, so make sure to come hungry. Devouring a fat, crispy doughnut with a warm, melted glaze will guarantee to fill your stomach with joy.

3. Ken's Donuts

I remember all the stories my dad told about this famous Austin donut shop when he went to school here. Ken's has been around forever, and their donuts have the perfect glaze to pastry ratio. They are famous for their strawberry donut — grab one to go and thank me later. 

4. Little Lucy's 

Mini doughnuts are Little Lucy's specialty, and this food truck is famous on Rainey Street for being a sweet midnight snack. Come November 5th, this is a place you have to try to satisfy your doughnut craving.`You get to fill your bag with your choice of doughnuts, so have fun mixing and matching all your favorite flavors.

5. Howdy Donuts

Howdy Donut is a classic donut shop located in the heart of Austin. With a great atmosphere and great treats, this is a fun place to celebrate on November 5th. Their doughnuts are fried to perfection and melt in your mouth after the first bite.

6. Round Rock Donuts

This famous doughnut is three times the size of your face! Round Rock Donuts serves up some of the biggest and most delicious donuts, affirming the saying that "everything is bigger in Texas." Come National Doughnut Day, you won't want to miss out on this enormous sweet treat. 

7. Krispy Kreme 

This holiday would not be the same without the original Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. This staple chain is a favorite throughout the nation when it comes to finding a good doughnut. Make sure to ask for a free doughnut if the red sign saying "Hot Krispy Kreme Now" is on.

On November 5th this year, make sure to stop by one of these amazing doughnut shops to put a smile on your face. Happy National Doughnut Day!