Sookie St. James was one of the funniest and craziest characters on Gilmore Girls–I’m dying to see what she brings on the revival show. She was the brains behind all the dishes we saw at the hotel Lorelai worked at and at the Independence Inn. She prides herself in her cooking, and it certainly showed. Though neurotic about getting every dish perfect, Sookie was the typical crazy chef we all knew and loved.

1. Baked Alaska

Sookie

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

This cakey dessert is filled with ice cream and has meringue spread across the top. Sookie surprisingly did not put any crazy twists on this dessert, but it did give us agony that we couldn’t jump through the television and take a bite of it ourselves.

2. Emeril’s Osso Buco

Sookie

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

This was Max Medina’s favorite dish to serve to his ladies. This is a chicken dish mixed in rice that is accompanied by a side of vegetables.

3. Cheese Puffs

Sookie

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Rory loves Sookie’s cheese puffs, but who wouldn’t? Everybody loves cheese. Sookie even garnished these puffs with chives and pistachios.

4. Jalapeno-Chipotle Mac and Cheese

Sookie

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

This is probably one of Sookie’s most famous dishes. When catering for a kid’s birthday party she couldn’t bring herself to cook normal, boring food. Instead, she put a twist on all her dishes including her mac and cheese. Though this dish is pure cholesterol, everyone took joy in eating it (except the kids).

5. Rocky Road Cookies

Sookie

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

These were Dean’s favorite treat on the show. Let’s get real–we all love anything with the words “rocky road” in front of it.

6. Raspberry Kumquat Sugar Cookie Cake

Sookie

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

This dessert has all the fall flavors you love wrapped up into one cake. Picture this raspberry kumpquat cake as a raspberry shortcake (rather than the traditional strawberry shortcake) with chopped citrus fruits on top.

7. Hot House Tomato Salad

Sookie

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Sookie’s exquisite tomato salad was featured in the Four Star Dining Magazine and is also a fan-favorite at the Independence Inn. It’s a simple, yet very popular dish that every character loves.

8. Sookie’s Peach Sauce

Sookie

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Though not a dish, this was the perfect topping on any dessert, especially drizzled on top of a scoop of vanilla ice cream.