I know, I know: When it hits two in the morning, and the siren call of the GQ lures you in, there’s nothing better than unwrapping that glossy, cheesy, slightly soggy beauty…

The Muhlenberg Bagel Bomb.

However, just because this baby’s a classic doesn’t mean you should close yourself off from all the other bagel (bae-gel?) possibilities out there. With a whole world of creative toppings, schmears, and salts at your disposal, these seven beauties are just the beginning.

1. This Lox, Avocado, and Radish Stunner

Bagel

Photo courtesy of @blackseedbagels on Instagram

Black Seed Bagels has long been a favorite of stylish New Yorkers and Top Chefs alike (hello, Alex Guarnaschelli). With a colorful offering like this, it’s easy to see why. The titular hand-rolled bagel is balanced with acidic radish, creamy avocado, and bright beet-soaked lox for a sandwich guaranteed to impress even the pickiest bagel connoisseur.

2. This Egg, Sausage, and Pesto Glory

Bagel

Photo Courtesy of @bethesdabagels on Instagram

For those days when you can’t decide between “Pasta Monday”, or grab-and-go from the GQ, this bagel sandwich gives you the best of both worlds in one convenient, garlicky package.

3. This Philly(ish) Cheesesteak Bagel Sandwich

Bagel

Photo courtesy of @ingoodflavor on Instagram

All right, so this one isn’t for the *Cheesesteak Purists* out there (though these might be). But, since we here are ‘Berg are a mere hour from Philadelphia, we’re practically Philly natives, right? Yours truly certainly deems this one a beautiful mashup.

4. This Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Masterpiece

Bagel

Photo courtesy of @kitchensanctuary on Instagram

For all my bagel fans out there who also have a killer sweet tooth, this gorgeous creation promises to hit the spot whether you’re craving breakfast OR dessert (or dessert for breakfast). Plus, with just a few cheap ingredients and a toaster, you can whip up this bad boy before you can say “Cheesecake Factory” (recipe here).

5. This Zesty Caprese Bagel

Bagel

Photo courtesy of @sxschin on Instagram

Fresh basil, smokey mozzerella, juicy tomato and a the perfect drizzle of olive oil.  It’s like your GQ Bagel Bomb spent a semester abroad at Arezzo… and came back hot.

6. This Enchanting Rainbow Funfetti Bagel

Bagel

Photo courtesy of @thebagelstore on Instagram

Unless you’ve been stuck under a snowbank for the past few months, you’ve probably heard about the Rainbow Bagel craze that’s taking Instagram by storm.  Hype aside, I can’t argue that something about a mound of sprinkle-laden cream cheese nestled between a double rainbow of carbs is just so right.

7. Your first love: Bacon, Egg and Cheese

Bagel

Photo courtesy of @everything_bagels on Instagram

Now, I know I said we needed to move past the “BEC”, but there’s undeniably something about going back to basics that will always be a good idea. Besides, with an upgraded sesame bagel, thick-cut bacon, and a #eggporn situation that’s out of this world, this Bagel Bomb isn’t going away anytime soon.