Slow cookers are one of the most useful, convenient kitchen appliances of all time, especially for a college student. There’s nothing better than coming home to a nice, hot meal after a long cold day on campus. Something that might be even better to come home to is a nice hot alcoholic beverage. These drinks are going to keep you warm all winter long.

1. Mulled Wine

crock pot

Photo by Anika Schaedle

Mulled wine is to winter as Sangria is to summer. Throw all the ingredients from this mulled wine recipe into a slow cooker and leave on low until the pot is empty.

2. Hot Apple Cider

crock pot

Photo by Susanna Mostaghim

Use this Spiced Apple Cider recipe and add a bottle of white wine to the mix or a couple shots of fireball for an extra kick. Leave it all in the slow cooker on low and drink when you’re ready!

3. Hot Chocolate

crock pot

Photo by Emma Danbury

Pop all the required ingredients for this drunk hot chocolate recipe into a crock pot and let simmer on low for one to two hours, or until you’re ready to drink!

4. Chai Latte

crock pot

Photo courtesy of @justinecelina on Instagram

Add a little kick to your classic chai tea latte by adding some rum or Bailey’s to it. Put 2 cups of water and 2 cups of milk, a couple of chai tea bags, 3 tablespoons of maple syrup (or more if you want it sweeter), 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, and 2 teaspoon ground ginger into the slow cooker and turn on low for 1-2 hours. When ready to drink, add a couple shots of rum or Bailey’s to it and enjoy!

5. Pumpkin Spice Latte

crock pot

Photo courtesy of farmwifedrinks.com

Starbucks may not spike their pumpkin spice lattes, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t, and after trying this Pumpkin Spice Latte with Rumchata you’re never going to want to go back to Starbucks. The rum adds a little extra heat to an already delicious, warming drink.

6. Pomegranate-Ginger Tea

crock pot

Photo courtesy of betterhomesandgardens.com

Pomegranates and ginger are both incredibly healthy foods with anti-inflammatory effects and help fight against cancer. Studies on red wine have found it may prevent heart disease and certain cancers, however this is quite controversial. This Steaming Pomegranate-Ginger Tea recipe pairs these three beneficial ingredients together to make for an amazing drink.

7. Hot Tropical Cocktail

crock pot

If you’re missing summer, this Simmered Tropical Sipper is the perfect drink to either make you miss summer more, or keep those feelings at bay. Changing up the recipe and just mixing a bunch of juices, like mango, pineapple and orange, and ginger beer together works just as well and is a bit easier.