This week is the start of Passover, a Jewish holiday celebrating freedom. But one thing that’s not so joyous about this holiday is the fact that we have to eat matzah for eight days and let’s be honest, it tastes more like the box it comes in than actual food. Yet, for some reason that I can’t comprehend, non-Jewish people seem to love matzah (maybe because they don’t have to it for a week and can chase it with real carbs). If your willpower is failing after the first few days of Passover, here are some new ways to spice up your boring matzah.

Matzah Smore’s

matzah

Photo courtesy of SodiumGirl.com

Passover is filled with failed attempts at making kosher-for-Passover desserts, which many times end in a dry and unappetizing cake that does not fulfill its purpose or satisfy your sweet tooth. Marshmallows and chocolate make everything taste better, so stick them between two pieces of matzah and enjoy. If you’re really craving something sweet, add ice cream and you’ll hardly notice the matzah it’s sandwiched in between.

Matzah Nachos

machos!

Photo courtesy of Flickr

Everything’s better covered in cheese. So crumble your matzah pieces and pile on generous amounts of cheese, guacamole and salsa.

Chocolate Caramel Matzah 

matzah

Photo courtesy of KitchenKvell.com

What would passover be without chocolate covered Matzah? This recipe takes it to another level by coating the matzah with caramel and adding toppings like coconuts and almonds.

Matzah Brei

P1070617.JPG

Photo courtesy of Flickr

Mixing matzah with eggs and cooking it on a skillet creates an omelet like meal that is actually pretty good. Check out a video tutorial on how to make it here. For even more flavor, try topping it with some syrup or your favorite fruit preserves.

Matzah Granola

matzah

Photo courtesy of YoungIdealisticBaker.com

If you’re feeling really motivated to get creative with your matzah and you have the time, use this recipe for a portable snack you can eat on the go.

PB&J Matzah

matzah

Photo by Maggie Gorman

When all else fails and you’re too lazy to get creative, slather your matzah with peanut, almond, cashew or any other nut butter you want.

Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?

matzah

Design by Grace Hwang