Spoon University has arrived at Hofstra and we want you to join us! We are a group of motivated college foodies looking to inspire good eats around Long Island, New York City and beyond. You can be a part of the go-to food resource for this generation by being a contributing writer or social media guru for Spoon.

If you consider yourself a passionate foodie and enjoy talking about, taking photos of, and eating delicious food, join Hofstra’s Spoon University team.

1. New York Has Really Dope Food

There is a reason people from all over the world flock to the Big Apple. It may be the sights that draw people to New York, but the diverse culture and food make them stay. Being just a short train ride away from New York City, students at Hofstra have access to the biggest foodie capital in the U.S. 

2. Make Foodie Friends on Campus

At Spoon HU, you will find people who love food just as much as you do. What could be better than being surrounded by other foodies on campus? The members of Spoon build each other up — through eating, that is.

3. You Get to Eat

Whether you are in the mood to eat your way through NYC or to enjoy some late-night pizza on campus, Spoon will allow you to do that—with friends! Eat your heart out and share the yummy tales with readers everywhere. 

4. Boost Your Resume

Spoon is the perfect outlet to improve your writing and photography skills, build a readership, and increase your number of clips. Previous writers for Spoon have been featured in well-known publications such as Buzzfeed, Bustle, and Refinery29. The connections you’ll form by joining Spoon will be incredibly valuable to your career. 

5. Excuse to Take Pictures of Your Food

If you go to brunch and didn’t take a picture of it, did it really even happen? Not only does Spoon give you a reason to eat, but also a reason to document your delicious adventures through photos. Do it for the 'gram and take mouthwatering pictures for your personal social media accounts and for @Spoon_Hofstra

6. You Become #AlmostFamous 

Spoon has over a million visitors per month and the site’s articles sometimes pop up on Buzzfeed, USA Today College, and more. How much better could eating get?

Do we have you convinced yet? Request an application here. We can’t wait for you to join us!