How many times have you promised yourself just one? Just one chocolate bar, just one cookie, then just one brownie. Yeah well we all know that “just one” is nearly impossible.

Fruit

It’s especially impossible when you are at the dining hall with friends – social eating preys on us all. But who wouldn’t need some choco-comfort after that neuroscience test; don’t you deserve it?

Well, even if it is easy to succumb to sweets while you’re stressed or bored, it is just as easy to prepare a nutritious, yet still overwhelmingly mouthwatering dessert with fruit–yes, I said it.  Fruit.

1. Peanut Butter and Banana Granola Sandwiches

Fruit

Photo by Haliana Burhans

Bananas carry innumerable health benefits such as aiding indigestion, naturally boosting your mood, and supplying energy for workouts or an exam.  But, when paired with peanut butter and granola, bananas can also be a satisfying dessert after a heavy meal.

2. Chocolate Covered Apple Slices

Fruit

Photo by Haliana Burhans

While they are innately sweet, apples can be transformed into a mouth-watering dessert with a drizzle of chocolate syrup. This is sure to satisfy your grumbles while still acting as a healthy alternative to other sugar-packed desserts.

3. Cantaloupe and Cottage Cheese

Fruit

Photo by Haliana Burhans

It might sound like a strange combination, but cantaloupe and cottage cheese is magic.   Slice the cantaloupe in half, scoop out the seeds, and fill the gap with cottage cheese (low fat cottage cheese for you health prodigies).  If you think protein shakes taste like chalk (is it chalk?) this is a great post-workout, high-protein option.

4. Cobbler and Banana Slices

Fruit

Photo by Haliana Burhans

Usually once a week, sometimes even twice does the dining fill with the aroma of fresh baked apple, cherry and blueberry cobblers. Instead of filling a large dish with excessive amounts of each type, take a smaller plate and cut the portion in half. Finish off this sweet dessert with satisfyingly healthy pieces of banana.

5. Ice Cream and Berries

Fruit

Photo by Haliana Burhans

We’ve all said it. “Ice cream isn’t all that bad, it’s dairy.” While this is partially accurate, isn’t it also true that any dessert or food in large amounts is unhealthy? It’s not just you, ice cream. Now, let’s make ice cream a guiltless treat, shall we? Take just a scoop of vanilla ice cream to satisfy the cravings and sprinkle on some cranberries to add an extra burst of flavor and nutrition.

6. Carrots, Celery and Peanut Butter

Fruit

Photo by Haliana Burhans

Running short of time or simply in the mood for a crunchy snack? Carrots and celery dipped in peanut butter is not only healthy, but delicious and is sure to satisfy any leftover hunger.

Need more healthy dessert options? Look at these articles: