It’s that time of year again (and no, I’m not talking about the most wonderful time of the year). I’m talking about keeping up with our New Year’s resolutions, Lent, and preparing for spring break, the diet trends that Americans have been making, and breaking, for years.

But this year will be different, right? All you need is a little motivation and you’re good to go. To help you get off on the right foot with your new-year-new-me resolution, whether it be losing a few pounds or simply leading a healthier lifestyle, protein shakes are a must.

For those of you that don’t understand the whole protein shake culture, whey protein powder is a wonderful way to get your protein and increase your amino acids without consuming all the fat of foods rich in protein like red meat. And if you’re trying to put on some muscle, protein shakes are a great way post-workout snack to help you get fit and toned while making your body less susceptible to injury from overuse.

Protein shakes can come in many shapes and sizes, but can oftentimes be bland, and boring, making it really difficult to stay excited about eating right. To lose weight and feel great too, pimp your protein shakes with the desserts you wish you were eating.

Peanut Butter Cup

Photo by Julie Lin

For when you need that peanut butter chocolate flavor but can’t spare those calories. This super easy meal replacement shake will be the perfect and quickest (and yummiest) supplement for you after your workout.

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough

Photo by Jayna Goldstein

This shake is RAW (cookie dough). Requiring only four easy ingredients, this peanut butter cookie dough shake combines the two arguably greatest desserts on the planet in a grand total of only three minutes.

Chocolate Cherry

Photo by Hana Ezaldein

What are the best two foods that start with the letter “C” you ask? Chocolate and cherries, of course (also cheese, but not in this recipe). This healthy but unbelievably delicious snack will not only motivate you through your workout but will keep you motivated to eat right for the rest of the day.

Blueberry Cheesecake

6 Ways to Pimp Your Protein Shake

Photo courtesy of @chelsealeblancrdn on Instagram

Why have the dessert when you can save calories and still feel berry good? And when you only have to combine  frozen blueberries, almond milk, and jello pudding mix, you will feel berry, berry good in seconds.

Red Velvet

Photo courtesy of dashingdish.com

America’s most beloved cupcake just became a meal. Can I get an amen? But seriously, the fact that this 230 calorie shake not only tastes like heaven on Earth but looks like it as well. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be enjoying this every day (we won’t judge).

Bananas Foster

Photo courtesy of theseasonedmom.com

You deserve this yummy treat because everything is better on fire. But with healthy (but indulgent) ingredients including frozen bananas, almond milk, and vanilla protein powder, you can enjoy this 250 calorie shake without the guilt.

Cinnamon Roll

Photo courtesy of thealmondeater.com

The sweetest part of your morning just got a little sweeter because you won’t have to break your diet. This blended smoothie smells as if you walked into a Cinnabon and tastes like it too #blessed. And being both vegan and gluten free, eating a cinnamon roll never tasted so good.