If you go to college in or near Boston, I’m sure you’ll agree with me that the best part of living close to the city is the unbelievable food, especially brunch. However, sometimes the trek into Boston is a little too far for Boston College students in search of a tasty hangover cure. Lucky for us, you don’t need to go as far as Boston to find some of the coolest brunches in the area. I challenge you to check off this list of to-die-for brunch spots in Allston, Massachusetts.

brunch

Photo courtesy of bostonmagazine.com

1. Lulu’s

brunch

Photo courtesy of @LulusAllston on Instagram

A popular hipster spot serving comfort food with a twist, Lulu’s Allston is known for its hangover cures, according to Boston Magazine. If you have a sweet tooth, go for the cinnamon roll mini waffles or s’mores pancakes. Otherwise, dig into a Lulu’s staple called White Trash Hash, which consists of tater tots topped with braised short ribs, two poached eggs, and hollandaise.

2. Bee’s Knees Supply Co.

brunch

Photo by Morgan Pagliocco

On its own website, Bee’s Knees is described as a “specialty food emporium.” It is everything from a deli counter to a full service marketplace. Most brunch items are under $10, making this a feasible outing for broke college students. You absolutely have to order the salted caramel french toast, which comes crusted in cereal and drizzled in caramel sauce. If you’re more of the savory type, go for the egg mcmuffin, an upscale breakfast sandwich with egg soufflé, bacon, goat gouda, arugula, and dijonnaise.

3. The Breakfast Club

brunch

Photo courtesy of The Breakfast Club on Facebook

This classic breakfast spot is sure to induce some ’80s nostalgia (us ’90s kids can just pretend like we remember). This upbeat diner blasts ’80s tunes, setting a casual, upbeat mood to go along with the delectable food. You can’t go wrong with any of their omelettes or “library specials” – a tribute to the ’80s movie of the same name as the restaurant.

4. Allston Diner

brunch

Photo courtesy of bostonmagazine.com

Allston Diner has a pretty sweet setup: it’s a vintage diner with breakfast until 3pm and a vegan menu, so there’s something for everyone. Be prepared to wait for your corn bread waffle & fried chicken or your vegan BBQ breakfast though – there’s typically a line out the door on the weekends for a coveted seat at this local favorite.

5. Deep Ellum

brunch

Photo courtesy of @deepellumboston on Instagram

While known primarily for their great craft beers and pub fare, Deep Ellum can still hang with the best of the Allston brunches. Serving up funky options like the Deep Ellum breakfast burrito and Duck Confit Hash makes this fun, casual spot a must try.

6. Lone Star Allston

brunch

Photo courtesy of @lonestarallston on Instagram

Lone Star is the sister restaurant to Deep Ellum, and features brunch every day with a Mexican flair. Play it safe and go for their breakfast tacos with a side of grilled street corn, or spice it up with jalapeño corncakes. If the lunch menu appeals to you more, fear not, for you can add an egg to any of their regular menu items for just a buck.