Although having a well balanced diet in college would be ideal, it just isn’t realistic; and it seems as though ramen  has become its own entire food group. But honestly, how much chicken flavored noodle soup can one person have in their life? If you’re in desperate need to shake things up a lil’ bit, you might want to try one of these five ramen-inspired recipes.

Ramen

Photo by Meredith Marcus

1. RAMEN SALAD: Everyone knows that ramen isn’t the healthiest thing a person can eat, but once you take away the powdered flavoring and add a fresh salad underneath, you’ve got a healthy meal.

Ramen

Photo by Meredith Marcus

HOW TO: Combine lettuce, carrots, and raw ramen in a bowl. Mix in salad dressing (balsamic vinaigrette recommended).

Ramen

Photo by Meredith Marcus

2. EGG DROP RAMEN SOUP: Ramen prepared as soup will always have a special place in every college student’s heart. Just adding an egg or two will introduce new flavors and enough variety to satisfy your taste buds.

Ramen

Photo by Meredith Marcus

HOW TO: Cook ramen as directed on package. Add two eggs into pot while still on stove and stir until eggs are cooked.

Ramen

Photo by Meredith Marcus

3. RAMEN STIR FRY: No need to waste your spending money on the stir-fry restaurant on campus: you can easily make your own delicious noodle dish in the comfort of your own room.

Ramen

Photo by Meredith Marcus

HOW TO: Boil water in a skillet. Add ramen noodles and stir until soft. Stir in extra ingredients of choice (onion, broccoli, carrots, celery, peppers, chicken, beef, etc.) until all are cooked. Add ramen flavoring to skillet. Drain extra water, and add sauce of choice (soy, teriyaki, etc.).

Ramen

Photo by Meredith Marcus

4. PARMESAN RAMEN: At its core, ramen is just a package of plain noodles, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with making a classic pasta dish out of it.

Ramen

Photo by Meredith Marcus

HOW TO: Cook ramen as directed on package, but leave out the seasoning! Drain noodles. Stir in one tablespoon of butter until melted. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and mix.

Ramen

Photo by Meredith Marcus

5. DESSERT RAMEN: Remember Buddy the Elf’s mouth-watering rendition of pasta (including all the necessary food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup)? Well, this recipe isn’t as intense as Buddy’s, but it will definitely take care of your sweet tooth.

Ramen

Photo by Meredith Marcus

HOW TO: Cook ramen as directed on package, but instead of adding seasoning, add a cup of brown sugar. Pour out most of the water and add a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a cup of chocolate syrup. Garnish with powdered sugar or whipped cream if desired.

Ramen

Photo by Meredith Marcus

5 Ways to Change Up That Ramen Fix5 ways to change up that ramen fix.

Posted by Spoon University on Wednesday, July 29, 2015